• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Innovative Detailing's new acronym..."TODS" The Other Detailers Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innovative Detailing's new acronym..."TODS" The Other Detailers Scratches

Warning......cleaning your vehicles radio display using inferior products will definitly scratch

One of my newest customers had recently "Fired" his detailer for ruining and scratching his vehicle, from the paint work all the way to the radio display cover on his 2010 Camaro SS

As you can see from the before pics, this plastic on the radio was full of "TODS".....The Other Detailers Scratches. So it was my goal to correct it for my cusotmer since his only option was to replace it.

So much for the other detailer, Innovative Detailing gained another customer for life!

Here is a small video slide show on how I corrected the polycarbonate radio cover on this Camaro SS

I chose to use my detailing arsenal from my Meguiar's Professional Headlight Restoral Kit, this is what was used....

Dewalt Rotary Polisher
    3" Backing Plate
    W7204
    W8204
    M105
    M205
    Hand pad
    W9204
    M21
    Blue tape
    Masking paper roll
    MF towels

Thanks for viewing, have a great day!
    David M. Sylican
    Innovative Detailing
    Headlight Lens Restoral
    Detailing Caddy
    Join us on Facebook

Re: Innovative Detailing's new acronym..."TODS" The Other Detailers Scratches

Here are a couple of still shots showing the difference of before and after the correction.....

Before

After

Thanks again
    David M. Sylican
    Innovative Detailing
    Headlight Lens Restoral
    Detailing Caddy
    Join us on Facebook

Comment

Hi David,

Fantastic work. It's a real shame that this beautiful car was so mistreated in and out.

I just learned a new trick with M105/ M205 and 4" buffing pads.

And also a new term in detailing dictionary - TODS.

Comment

How was the paint treated on this car? I wouldnt have thought that a buffer could do that! Nice.
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Great Work David!

What speed were you working at, and were you moving the pad back and forth fairly fast so there was not any heat build up on the plastic?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Great job! Gotta add that one to my dictionary.
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I use a 3" random orbital with a light polish and it works great on stereo face plates, etc, as well.

Comment

Nice save David!
                Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

What a difference. Nice job and love the music. Found myself tapping my toes throughout the video.
                  Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                  www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                  Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Now that is real magic. Looks better than new. Great job saving that one.

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

My radio display is scratched. I believe the dealer wiped it one time even though they know not to wash/clean anything. Great work!
                        -James
                        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Now thats a nice save.....Artesian skills folks!!!!!
                          Innovative Detailing/techniques/results/vocabulary!!!!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Amazing job you did there!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');