• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning pillar trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning pillar trim

Can someone help me with cleaning some marks off of my pillar trim? I just have random dirt/finger print/rub marks on almost all of my pillars. I've gathered this much from reading some posts for cleaning headliners:

Use Meguiars carpet cleaner or a diluted (10:1?) mix of APC? If this is best, what is a recommended APC? Dawn or something off the shelf?

I would imagine the same rules apply for any fabric-like interior panel, I should mist a cloth and lightly blot or wipe the spot? I don't want to make a big mess, but my interior is near mint in my car and the marks on the pillars are the only "defects" really.
    Thanks

Re: Cleaning pillar trim

APC would be great to have for lots of things, including this.

And yes, 10:1 ( I use 8:1 for everything) is a good ratio.

Try to do lots of blot and press... if the area starts to get wet, let it dry and come back again.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      APC would be great to have for lots of things, including this.

And yes, 10:1 ( I use 8:1 for everything) is a good ratio.

Try to do lots of blot and press... if the area starts to get wet, let it dry and come back again.
      ok thank you. Any recommendations for a APC?

Comment

Meguiars APC or APC+....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');