• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year is this bottle from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year is this bottle from?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what year this bottle is from? I noticed that it doesn't say Meguiar's on the back, but rather Mirror Bright Polish Co.

It is actually a clear plastic bottle. The brown is from the color of the liquid.

I'll upload better pictures tomorrow.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: What year is this bottle from?

Better Pictures:

You can see how the bottle is actually clear

Comment

I have one just like it except it is M09.

Pretty sure its from the 80s.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Interesting at the top of the label on the back it says "for hand application only", then in the directions lower down it says in bold "for machine use only"...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          I have one just like it except it is M09.

Pretty sure its from the 80s.

Nick, I went ahead and checked out your post with your bottle of M09. I think this bottle could possibly be the generation before your M09 bottle because it is a clear plastic bottle and on the back of yours, it says Meguiars' Inc. Irvine, Ca, where this one says Mirror Bright Polish Co. Inc. Nashville, TN.

Perhaps the 70's?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
            M07 Sealer Reseal Glaze --> Show Car Glaze
            I posted these pictures recently to another related thread and thought I would share them here just to give people reading this a picture or anchor in their mind as to just how old the M07 formula is, it's been around since the Model-T. The glass bottle is post-WWII, a glass bottle with the Mirror Bright wording on the label would be pre-WWII

Sometimes I remind people that these products were around before plastic was invented, thus the glass bottles. The "cylinder" bottle you see below, just to the right of the glass bottle was the first plastic bottles to be introduced I think in the late 1950's, maybe early 1960's.
            The third bottle from the left is a clear plastic bottle when they switched to the current style of bottles and is from the 1970's

The 4th bottle from the right shows when they changed the name from Sealer Reseal Glaze to Show Car Glaze primarily because as our lingo changed in the car appearance world, people were confusing "Sealer" with "Sealant" and M07 is water-soluble, hopefully everyone reading this can see why that kind of confusion could be a problem in the enthusiast or consumer market.

Looks like I found the answer to my own question through one of Mike Phillips's articles on autogeek. Although this is M07 and not M03 like I posted, they both have the same label type. So looks like it is form the 70's.

I have about 4 others that I am probably going to sell. I'm going to open it up to anyone at the next TNOG first, that way there is no hassle of shipping (unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse haha) and then if any are left, I'll post them for sale with shipping as an option.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');