• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Lemon Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Lemon Oil

Here is a link to my review on this product:

This is a good product too....
    Last edited by rusty bumper; Mar 30, 2004, 01:33 PM.
    r. b.

My wife appreciates the review! Okay, I admit it; I appreciate it as well.

When it's raining outside on the weekend, I'm glad to know that I can put Meguiar's to use around the house as well!

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
      My wife appreciates the review! Okay, I admit it; I appreciate it as well.

When it's raining outside on the weekend, I'm glad to know that I can put Meguiar's to use around the house as well!

RP
      Hi RP,
      I also bought a bottle of Meguiar's Furniture Polish (F-0216)...It has a consistency of Meguiar's auto polishes.

I spot tested this product on the piano, but I need more time to try it out on some more furniture, as it can be used on enameled, varnished & lacquered household surfaces...It also has anti-static properties.
      r. b.

Comment

You're killing me R.B.! My wife is going to become a Meguiar's junky too and I'm not sure we can handle two of us under one roof! LOL!

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Hehehe!...Good for her!

Check around at True Value or Ace Hardware Stores...You might find it there.
          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
            Hehehe!...Good for her!

Check around at True Value or Ace Hardware Stores...You might find it there.
            Good deal...

Thanks for the review RB... I've been wondering about the Meguiar's furniture line for a while now and I'm really glad to see that someone has utilized this product.... I'm very anxious and set on finding it now...

RP
            -The Final Detail-
            Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

I'm putting furniture in the garage so my wife and I can play dueling meguiars products (and spend some Q time!)
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

I didn't even know Meg's had furniture products.....I will have to keep a look out for them.

Can the furniture products be applied my PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
                  Good deal...

Thanks for the review RB... I've been wondering about the Meguiar's furniture line for a while now and I'm really glad to see that someone has utilized this product.... I'm very anxious and set on finding it now...

RP
                  You're welcome RP....Let us know if you find these products in a retail store. I would like to buy another bottle of the Lemon Oil.

You can also use it on dust mops too.

Can the furniture products be applied my PC?
                  I don't think that I would try to apply the Lemon Oil or the Furniture Preserver with a PC, but the F-0216 Furniture Polish might be a good candidate for machine use...It has a look & texture of Meguair's auto polishes.

F-0216 has no waxes, polymers or silicones...It doesn't dry white, and it will help to repel dust due to it's anti-static formula. (Hey!...That should make any homemaker want to use this stuff!)
                  r. b.

Comment

Hey there,
                    If memory serves me correctly way back when. Megs started out as furniture polish and wax before they went into auto polish and wax. Just a little bit of history.

Comment

Check this out,

Meguiar's History, Unique Background and Extensive Product Line

Go to the Gallery and type in Furniture Polish and you'll pull up a picture of two Meguiar's furniture products from around the 1940's.

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Meguiar's Lemon Oil

I had no idea Meguiar's made lemon oil.I use this stuff for the fretboards on my fender and les paul.Before using though,lemon oil is meant for bare woods,so i wouldn't use it on any coated surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                          I had no idea Meguiar's made lemon oil.I use this stuff for the fretboards on my fender and les paul.Before using though,lemon oil is meant for bare woods,so i wouldn't use it on any coated surfaces.
                          I don't have the bottle in front of me, but I'm almost positive that Meguiar's lemon oil can be used on coated surfaces in the house.
                          r. b.

Comment

Guitar finishes are laquered,as are many furniture products.Their chemical make up,i can't tell you about and won't pretend to be an expert in that field either.So as regards to the instructions for that particular application,i don't know.The point of lemon oil is to nourish bare wood and stop it from drying out.now if it has the ability to enter through coated finishes and penetrate the wood underneath,again,i don't know.As far as guitars go,the lemon oil is solely intended for fret boards which have no coated protection,gibsons for example which have rosewood or ebony fretboards.A lot of fender stratocasters and telecasters have a coated maple fret board and the lemon oil doesn't come into play here.It's definetley not supposed to be used on the guitar bodywork.
                            I think mike would be better to answer that one for you,as far as the furniture products go,though.
                            There is also a similair product called orange oil.i've got quite a good bit of that stuff around.I reckon it's the same,except made with oranges.it's good stuff aswell.you can buy that in big spray bottles.Although i bought it in the UK,it's an American co.,so you should be able to get it in the states okay.if you like i can dig out the name of it for you?

Comment

The bottle label is as follows:

Use this all-purpose product on oil-finished woods, plastic counter tops, chrome, stainless steel, glass shower doors, etc. Quickly removes heel marks from floors and soap scum from shower doors, aids in dusting when added to dust cloths and mops. Cleans and polishes WITHOUT ACIDS, WAXES, POLYMERS AND SILICONE.

DIRECTIONS: Dispense liberal amount on clean, dry, quality 100% cotton terry cloth and rub thoroughly into surface allowing complete penetration of natural oils. Wipe dry with fresh terry cloth allowing surface to completely dry before replacing objects.

I guess in your case it would be best to follow the the guitar maker's directions concerning these types of products.

I have an orange oil type of cleaner. What is the name of yours?
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');