Meguiar's Lemon Oil - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's Lemon Oil

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Check this out,

Meguiar's History, Unique Background and Extensive Product Line

Go to the Gallery and type in Furniture Polish and you'll pull up a picture of two Meguiar's furniture products from around the 1940's.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Meguiar's Lemon Oil

I had no idea Meguiar's made lemon oil.I use this stuff for the fretboards on my fender and les paul.Before using though,lemon oil is meant for bare woods,so i wouldn't use it on any coated surfaces.

Pray for our country

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie6th View Post
    I had no idea Meguiar's made lemon oil.I use this stuff for the fretboards on my fender and les paul.Before using though,lemon oil is meant for bare woods,so i wouldn't use it on any coated surfaces.
    I don't have the bottle in front of me, but I'm almost positive that Meguiar's lemon oil can be used on coated surfaces in the house.

Guitar finishes are laquered,as are many furniture products.Their chemical make up,i can't tell you about and won't pretend to be an expert in that field either.So as regards to the instructions for that particular application,i don't know.The point of lemon oil is to nourish bare wood and stop it from drying out.now if it has the ability to enter through coated finishes and penetrate the wood underneath,again,i don't know.As far as guitars go,the lemon oil is solely intended for fret boards which have no coated protection,gibsons for example which have rosewood or ebony fretboards.A lot of fender stratocasters and telecasters have a coated maple fret board and the lemon oil doesn't come into play here.It's definetley not supposed to be used on the guitar bodywork.
    I think mike would be better to answer that one for you,as far as the furniture products go,though.
    There is also a similair product called orange oil.i've got quite a good bit of that stuff around.I reckon it's the same,except made with oranges.it's good stuff aswell.you can buy that in big spray bottles.Although i bought it in the UK,it's an American co.,so you should be able to get it in the states okay.if you like i can dig out the name of it for you?

Pray for our country

The bottle label is as follows:

Use this all-purpose product on oil-finished woods, plastic counter tops, chrome, stainless steel, glass shower doors, etc. Quickly removes heel marks from floors and soap scum from shower doors, aids in dusting when added to dust cloths and mops. Cleans and polishes WITHOUT ACIDS, WAXES, POLYMERS AND SILICONE.

DIRECTIONS: Dispense liberal amount on clean, dry, quality 100% cotton terry cloth and rub thoroughly into surface allowing complete penetration of natural oils. Wipe dry with fresh terry cloth allowing surface to completely dry before replacing objects.

I guess in your case it would be best to follow the the guitar maker's directions concerning these types of products.

I have an orange oil type of cleaner. What is the name of yours?

Hi Rusty,thanks for taking the time to write up the many uses. From what year is that bottle? Do Meg's still make this today? (I would think so as there are a lot of old classic cars with a lot of wood).

I think the orange oil is called 'Golden Oil'. I like both..they smell nice.

probably wouldn't do any harm on a laquered surface,but i think in the case of my guitars,they might become a bit smeared. I use a watery wax,which is for guitars.The shine it gives is brilliant shine.it's a bit like QD. There is one word on usage on the back of the bottle of lem oil that i've got. 'Apply to surface,rub thoroughly......blaa..... If the surface remains dull,there is a wax build up.Reapply and let stand for 20mins. before wiping dry.

that last part might help you with your furniture.

This bottle that i've got is called 'Kyser' Dr.Stringfellow and is made in Arlington,Texas. Maybe there is a Meg's connection with this co. too...?
    One of the admin.'s here might be able to answer that!

eddie.

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar

This bottle that i've got is called 'Kyser' Dr.Stringfellow and is made in Arlington,Texas.

Maybe there is a Meg's connection with this co. too...?
    One of the admin.'s here might be able to answer that!

eddie.

No connection.

Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Pray for our country

Hi Rusty,thanks for taking the time to write up the many uses. .eddie.
    You're welcome Eddie.

From what year is that bottle? Do Meg's still make this today? (I would think so as there are a lot of old classic cars with a lot of wood).eddie.

I've had this bottle since 2004. I didn't check, but I'd bet Megs still makes it.

Check this item out.

Cool Re: Meguiar's Lemon Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    We discontinued the Furniture Polish and the Lemon Oil. Just not enough sales and distribution to continue production. ...

Well that *****... I hope what I have has a long shelf life....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information