• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter-Cable 7424

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter-Cable 7424

Since I've been looking to buy all my things from Meguiars to get ready to detail my car this spring, I wandered into this forum. I saw in a post someone say that the Porter-Cable 7424 was the same as the G100, and I am very interested in this because I don't really have the $225 to shell out. I looked at the 7424 and notice the lowest speed is 2500 OPM. Can anyone tell me if that will be okay, or what should I do? Thanks!

(http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...htm?E+coastest)

Yes it is the same machine... I have the 7424 (has a 5" counter weight) there is also the 7336 (sold at Lowes with the 6" counter weight). The counter weights don't really matter. Here is a post to read on the counter weights: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...Counter+weight

The G100 does have a lifetime warranty where the others do not.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

gb387 is 100% correct.
      If a sale package on the g-100 comes up I would look into it if I were you. When my pc eventually goes, I am going over to a g-100 because of the warranty.

Comment

So if I were to get the 7336 from Lowes than The Meguiars 6.5 inch pads will work just as on the G-100?

Comment

I don't see why not. Just make sure that you get the 5" backing plate.
          Dual-Action Polisher Backing Plates
          Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

yep it will work the same.... you will need to pick up the backing plate as romulus suggested or try the DA System that includes 2 polishing pads, 1 finishing pad and 1 backing plate.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

i am of the same verb as Lt1Corvette. i have a pc 7424 and use it all the time. in fact i am using it so much that i now wish that i would have purchased the G-100 from meguiar's just because of the warranty.. YOU CAN PAY NOW or PAY LATER.
              cwcad

Say what you do...Do what you say!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');