• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Country pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Country pads

Hey all-
    Just curious who uses Lake Country pads and which ones with their Meguiar's products. I'm looking to try some out. I plan on going with 5.5" dual action pads, just not sure if I want the CCS, Hydro Tech or others.

Thanks!

Re: Lake Country pads

Hydro Tech pads are more dense and only 0.5" of their top foam layer absorbs product preventing soaking. 5.5" diameter ones come in low profile version which is only 7/8" thick. They are available in three colors: cyan cutting/ heavy polishing, tangerine polishing, crimson finishing and three sizes: 4", 5.5", 6.5".

CCS pads are very durable. They come in many varieties/ colors and sizes. Yellow cutting is the most aggressive and gold super finishing is the least aggressive one.

If high usage is expected CCS pads would be a better choice.

Also Meguiar's new microfiber cutting/ finishing discs work with well with SMAT products.

Comment

I use the Lake Country 5.5" Flat Pads. Orange for Ult Compound, White for Swirl X and going to use it for Ult Polish too. Black for NXT 2.0 and also going to use it for Ult Wax. Just remeber to use the least aggressive method, pad/compound and as they always tell me do a test spot to dial in you process

Comment

I have LC pads and I have 105/205 combo. I have been using my 30$ cheapo wax spreader to get NXT 2.0 to coat evenly.

Comment

I have LC pads. The CCS orange/white works really like magic with m105/m205. Only thing is that my ccs pads tend to tear. the foam seprates from the velcro. I realize this can happen the first time or after years of use. After 5 cars the white pad was completely torn up, another white pad lasted for 12 cars, my wax pad has lasted 18 cars. I belive CCS is made with open foam cell technology.

I have also recetly tried the hydro pads. I like the thin ones. So far they are easy to clean, easy to take off the backing plate and cut pretty well. i've used them on say 5 cars and so far so no wear and tear. hydro pads are made with closed cell foam, so they are pretty dense and not as soft as the ccs pads feel. ccs is like a pillow and hydro is like cardboard. Still hydro works wonders on paint.

I would recommend getting some surfbuff pads. They are pretty agressive and with m105/uc they finish pretty well too. For the furture I plan on buying more hydro pads, and surbuff pads. I want to keep it simple, with CCS I have almost every colour of pad, i write on the side which product to use so i remember.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');