• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Surface full of dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Surface full of dust

I need help. After I have finish waxing next day my car full of dust. Could anyone please help.

1.) Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    2.) Quik Clay Detailing System
    3.) Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    4.) Deep Crystal System Polish
    5.) Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax
    6.) NXT Generation® Tech Wax (after 20 hours)

By hand using applicator pad & Supreme Shine Microfiber

Thanks & Regards

Peter
    Peter

Hi Peter,

What often happens after polishing/waxing is a build up of static electricity on the paint's surface due to the polishing/waxing process combined with certain humidity, temperature etc... . This can occur from both machine buffing as well as from hand polishing. This static will be removed the next time you wash your car.

Hope this helps!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply. I did my car wash next day, but the dust still sticking in my surface like magnet. Wondering do I did something wrong. BTW my car color are Black Pear.

TIA

Peter
      Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

How is the humidity in your area? Sometimes high humidity can cause problems. How are you drying the car?

What I would do, is after your next wash, dry it, then apply a coat of Quik Detailer.

Cheers!

Tim

Comment

If these are available in your area, I'd highly recommend picking one up. Mine is my best friend the day after I wax!

EDIT:
          Oooh! It's my 50th post! I'm now an "enthusiast detailer"
          Last edited by SingingSabre; Feb 21, 2005, 09:23 PM.
          "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
          R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Tim,

I wash my car in my apartment (Cover Car Park) it quite hot in the afternoon. I use ultimate micro fiber to wip my car. After car wash can use QD, do QD improved the car from attract dust?

Thanks & Regards.
            Peter

Comment

I kinda can relate to the subject here,"the pollen has fallen".
              ( lately a light coat of it is on my car everyday)
              just a pain in the butt...
              "always somethin"

Comment

Hi Peter,

Try washing with a lambswool mitt. To dry, use a waffle weave drying towel or an Absorber. But when drying, simply blot the surface and then gently wipe the towel across it. If you use a MF towel and wipe the surface vigorously, this may create static as well.

Once you have dried it, I would use a QD to help break the static charge. As a side benefit, if you use Meguiar's Last Touch QD, you will get extra gloss, and a slickness to the surface!

Last Touch Spray Detailer

Last Touch Spray Detailer

I hope this helps!

Tim

Comment

Dust build-up-with low humidity conditions friction on the paint surface will cause static electricity (this is exacerbated by the use of polyester (nylon) Microfiber) resulting in dust attraction to the paint surface. Rinsing the surface with water or applying a quick detailer (QD) or use the California Car Duster (CCD) as stated above to remove dust
                  JonM
                  ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Tkn,

I find my black car also attracts dust almost immediately after waxing and the humidity isnt so bad here (no heat anyway ). Dont forget Black will exagerate the dust and show every spec - that you wouldnt see on another colour, especially if your car isnt metallic.

I agree with the others and would say your best bet is a California Duster and or Meguiars QD, Last Touch or Final Inspection.

Rob

Comment

I have found that when I wash my black Hemi with QEW, it attracts less dust than when I use most other carwash shampoos. I do not use a QD. I apply QEW with a chenille or wool wash mitt and dry the surface with microfiber waffleweave towels -- two of them.

I *know* dust. I drive on 10 miles of gravel road daily.

Tom: cool:

Comment

Thanks you for the favourable reply. I try this weekend.

Regards
                        Peter

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');