Ultimate Polish Review!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Polish Review!!

Registered Member

Ultimate Polish Review!!

Here we go! I have wanted to try this product for some time now as it really looked interesting. It did not disappoint!

My original plan was to apply Ultimate Polish with both a polishing pad and finishing pad on my G110v2 but it broke the other day while using the DA Microfiber Correction System. The new system was just too much for it.....

Anyway, I decided to apply the Ultimate Polish by hand instead using both the basic foam applicators and 4"polishing pads via Meguiars hand pad (you will see in the video).

I used the trunk lid of my 2010 Black Pearl Honda Civic since it was black. I split the trunk lid into 3 sections and compared Ultimate Polish to Swirlx and M205.

Findings
    Swirlx, when applied via basic Meguiars yellow foam applicator actually hazed the paint slightly. I used proper technique (hold the pad with the length of your fingers instead of only your fingertips) but it still left a very slight haze. It removed very few swirls and darkened the paint but, as I said before, hazed it slightly. It was a brand new bottle so I am not sure why it acted in such a way.

Ultimate Polish applied effortlessly to the finish, was very smooth and had the perfect consistency. Unlike Swirlx, it pours from the bottle easily and provides an application and removal like butter. I did not notice any discernible smell which I liked. Upon removal of the tape from the trunk lid I found that Ultimate Polish darkened the paint a bit more than Swirlx and M205. I didn't expect to be able to see a noticeable difference between the other two polishes and Ultimate Polish with regards to paint darkening but I did. This is most likley due to the increased amount of polishing oils in Ultimate Polish in comparison to M205 or Swirlx.

M205 applied basically the same as Ultimate Polish except it did not darken the paint as much.

For people unfamiliar with this "darkening" effect...........Remember, when I say "darken" the paint, I mean it brought out the blackest black of the paint. This is what you want in a polish. It is supposed to make the color of your car as true to that color as possible. For example, a black car that has been neglected can look almost grayish at times and a good polish will "darken" the paint and make it black again. This is due to the polishing oils and the removal or lessening of swirls in the finish.

Overall, I find Ultimate Polish to be a phenomenal product put in a line full of great products. This will definitely be a staple in my collection as it is easily found, well-priced and performs incredibly.

On to the videos!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9cfG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w28t5YCrDZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF0JoBDrOUI

Thanks for reading! Questions?

By the way, anybody know how to embed videos?

Registered Member

Re: Ultimate Polish Review!!

Tried embedding but it didn't work......

Very nice vid man. I may be dumb for asking this but for removal of swirls could I use just the Ultimate Polish or do SwirlX/Ultimate Compound and themuse Ultimate Polish?
    -Sohc-

nice job!
    Joel
    1976 Cutlass S
    2001 PT Cruiser
    1990 454SS
    Suburban

Thanks Shawn for the review and videos. Too bad your buffer went south on you during spring break!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz91 View Post
    Very nice vid man. I may be dumb for asking this but for removal of swirls could I use just the Ultimate Polish or do SwirlX/Ultimate Compound and themuse Ultimate Polish?

Not dumb, but we'd need more information. Such as are you working by hand or how bad are the swirls or are there scratches is your paint hard or soft.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

All by hand the swirls are moderate to bad. Not so many scratches. I believe my paint is soft
    -Sohc-

Registered Member

Thanks guys!

Try a test spot and see what happens. Use a piece of tape and on one side use Ultimate Polish and on the other side use Ultimate Compound. Go from there.

Good tip Shawn I will have to try that
    -Sohc-

Hey Shawn, thanks for the review. I was just looking for this exactly comparison!
    After seeing the vids I noticed you saying that although the paint gained a lot of gloss there was not much "correction" of the swirls. Care on extending that ?

Thanks one more time!

I can only imagine that UP wouldn't provide optimum reduction of swirls as it is a polish. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I might reduce it, but not rid them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information