• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish Review!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Polish Review!!

^^ True kristina, but the polishing step is still optional.

You can move straight from SwirlX or UC to wax if desired. Whether or not polishing makes a visible difference is debatable, especially on modern clear coats and/or on lighter coloured cars.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by kristina27 View Post
      If I remember right swirlx is made to remove minor swirls an defects it has cutting power. Not quite as much a ultimate compound it is the least agressive of the two. Swirlx is not advertised as a polish so comparing swirlx and ultimate polish side by side is not a true comparison . I believe you are to use the swirlx first to remove minor swirls and defects and then apply the ultimate polish as a next step to polish and bring out the color in the car. Which then is followed by a wax or sealant. So if you were to look at the order of things. Swirlx or Ultimate compound (which ever is needed for you paint condition) then Ultimate polish and finished with Ultimate wax.

A comparison of Ultimate Polish and Swirlx is a fair comparison since Swirlx has about the same cut as M205. Both are advertised and used to remove minor swirls. Ultimate Polish has maybe slightly less cut than 205 and a little less cut than Swirlx. They are similar products that are designed as a follow up to Ultimate Compound verifying the legitimacy of my comparison.

Originally posted by kristina27 View Post
      PS Swirlx and Ultimate compound fall under the painter cleaner categories. They prepare the painter for polishing (Ultimate Polish) and then waxing
      Swirlx is actually a cleaner/polish with no where near the same cut as Ultimate Compound. One is a compound and the other is not.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

In my experience I have never used M205 so I can not comment. I guess the point i am trying to make is that Swirlx and ultimate polish each do better at one thing over the other. Yes polishing is an optional step and swirlx has polishing attributes as well as Ultimate Polish has cutting attributes. I was simply trying to say that both are better at doing something different. Swirlx is better for cutting and removing minor defects with the a polishing attribute if you want to go directly to the wax step. Ultimate polish is made more for polishing. It does have a fine cutting side if the defects are really minor. In my mind I do not have the expectation that both will perform and result similarly. I would use swirlx to remove swirls and Ultimate polish to polish. I guess that's my thinking during the detailing process. What it really comes down to is what you want, the kind of condition your paint is in and the time you have. For some swirlx with a little polishing does just fine or using a cleaner wax and others may want to do the whole shebang swirlx, ultimate polish and wax.

Comment

I haven't had to do a time or cost sensitive project, so I enjoy the whole shebang. However lately, the whole shebang has been changing with the addition of new products and processes. I bought some SwirlX at reduced prices awhile back, but I haven't touched it except for test areas. I had been using it on ever job.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

UC, swirlx, and this product all left swirls on my truck had to be professionally fixed.. mothers is the way to go.. these products are worthless

Comment

Originally posted by outsideshot23 View Post
              UC, swirlx, and this product all left swirls on my truck had to be professionally fixed.. mothers is the way to go.. these products are worthless
              I showed you the sun shots. I showed you the process. Did you see any added swirls? I sure didn't.

Care to qualify this statement with a brief story of your troubles?
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698

Comment

Originally posted by outsideshot23 View Post
                I dont think you will be getting much help in your "help" thread if you keep making similar posts like the above.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Great review Shawn . Cant wait to try the Ultimate polish on my black pearl.

Comment

Shawn,

In regards to the light swirl marks how did the UW handle them? Did it eliminate them?

I have a 2010 Santa Fe which has a candy apple color (Venetian Red) and has some light swirl marks which I attribute to the Turtle Ice I used. This was recommended by a friend and although I have been a Meguiars user for years I thought I would try.
                    Big mistake.
                    Would like to hear how the UW handled the swirl marks?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SFLTD View Post
                      Shawn,

In regards to the light swirl marks how did the UW handle them? Did it eliminate them?

I have a 2010 Santa Fe which has a candy apple color (Venetian Red) and has some light swirl marks which I attribute to the Turtle Ice I used. This was recommended by a friend and although I have been a Meguiars user for years I thought I would try.
                      Big mistake.

Thanks
                      Do you mean Ultimate Polish or Ultimate Wax?

Ultimate Polish did a fair job at reducing the swirling but it did not eliminate all the swirls which an only be expected when working with a finishing polish by hand.

Ultimate Wax does hide swirls well though. Might want to check my review of Ultimate Wax to see how well it hid the swirls.
                      Tedrow's Detailing
                      845-642-1698

Comment

I saw Your videos on YouTube before I posted here LOL. I always get the highest brand possible with meguiars, whether It be the gold class or ultimate lines. I Just picked up the ultimate Polish so its helpful that someone else used it with two other comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                          I saw Your videos on YouTube before I posted here LOL. I always get the highest brand possible with meguiars, whether It be the gold class or ultimate lines. I Just picked up the ultimate Polish so its helpful that someone else used it with two other comparisons.
                          Thanks Jaws! Glad I could be of help!

Post some pics of your detail if you can.
                          Tedrow's Detailing
                          845-642-1698

Comment

Originally posted by SFLTD View Post
                            Shawn,

Big mistake.

Thanks
                            I have used Turtle wax Ice polish and have never had a problem. Are you sure that you car was clean when you applied it. Ice has no abrasives in it therefore it would be hard to scratch unless another element was introduced into the mix. The UC or UP id 10x as strong at removing swirls as the ICE is.

Comment

Originally posted by tedfred View Post
                              I have used Turtle wax Ice polish and have never had a problem. Are you sure that you car was clean when you applied it. Ice has no abrasives in it therefore it would be hard to scratch unless another element was introduced into the mix. The UC or UP id 10x as strong at removing swirls as the ICE is.
                              Hi,

I can assure you that my vehicle was very clean before applying. My friend has a black Avalanche and he too ended up with the light swirl marks after using Turtle Ice. He went over the Avalanche with the UW and the swirls were gone. Nothing but a beautiful deep finish. Can't wait to apply the UW to my SF.
                              Thanks for the come back!

Comment

The swirls were most likely there before since ICE has no abrasives or material that would put swirls into the paint. It could be from something being caught between the applicator and the paint or the towels used to wipe off ICE.

UW does an incredible job at hiding light swirls which is why they were no longer there when you applied UW. UW does not and can not remove swirls since it has no cleaners or abrasives capable of doing so. It merely hides them.
                                Tedrow's Detailing
                                845-642-1698

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');