Ultimate Polish Review!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Polish Review!!

Re: Ultimate Polish Review!!

^^ True kristina, but the polishing step is still optional.

You can move straight from SwirlX or UC to wax if desired. Whether or not polishing makes a visible difference is debatable, especially on modern clear coats and/or on lighter coloured cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by kristina27 View Post
    If I remember right swirlx is made to remove minor swirls an defects it has cutting power. Not quite as much a ultimate compound it is the least agressive of the two. Swirlx is not advertised as a polish so comparing swirlx and ultimate polish side by side is not a true comparison . I believe you are to use the swirlx first to remove minor swirls and defects and then apply the ultimate polish as a next step to polish and bring out the color in the car. Which then is followed by a wax or sealant. So if you were to look at the order of things. Swirlx or Ultimate compound (which ever is needed for you paint condition) then Ultimate polish and finished with Ultimate wax.

A comparison of Ultimate Polish and Swirlx is a fair comparison since Swirlx has about the same cut as M205. Both are advertised and used to remove minor swirls. Ultimate Polish has maybe slightly less cut than 205 and a little less cut than Swirlx. They are similar products that are designed as a follow up to Ultimate Compound verifying the legitimacy of my comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by kristina27 View Post
    PS Swirlx and Ultimate compound fall under the painter cleaner categories. They prepare the painter for polishing (Ultimate Polish) and then waxing
    Swirlx is actually a cleaner/polish with no where near the same cut as Ultimate Compound. One is a compound and the other is not.

In my experience I have never used M205 so I can not comment. I guess the point i am trying to make is that Swirlx and ultimate polish each do better at one thing over the other. Yes polishing is an optional step and swirlx has polishing attributes as well as Ultimate Polish has cutting attributes. I was simply trying to say that both are better at doing something different. Swirlx is better for cutting and removing minor defects with the a polishing attribute if you want to go directly to the wax step. Ultimate polish is made more for polishing. It does have a fine cutting side if the defects are really minor. In my mind I do not have the expectation that both will perform and result similarly. I would use swirlx to remove swirls and Ultimate polish to polish. I guess that's my thinking during the detailing process. What it really comes down to is what you want, the kind of condition your paint is in and the time you have. For some swirlx with a little polishing does just fine or using a cleaner wax and others may want to do the whole shebang swirlx, ultimate polish and wax.

I haven't had to do a time or cost sensitive project, so I enjoy the whole shebang. However lately, the whole shebang has been changing with the addition of new products and processes. I bought some SwirlX at reduced prices awhile back, but I haven't touched it except for test areas. I had been using it on ever job.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Registered Member

UC, swirlx, and this product all left swirls on my truck had to be professionally fixed.. mothers is the way to go.. these products are worthless

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by outsideshot23 View Post
    UC, swirlx, and this product all left swirls on my truck had to be professionally fixed.. mothers is the way to go.. these products are worthless
    I showed you the sun shots. I showed you the process. Did you see any added swirls? I sure didn't.

Care to qualify this statement with a brief story of your troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by outsideshot23 View Post
    I dont think you will be getting much help in your "help" thread if you keep making similar posts like the above.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Detailing my Black VW

Great review Shawn . Cant wait to try the Ultimate polish on my black pearl.

Registered Member

Shawn,

In regards to the light swirl marks how did the UW handle them? Did it eliminate them?

I have a 2010 Santa Fe which has a candy apple color (Venetian Red) and has some light swirl marks which I attribute to the Turtle Ice I used. This was recommended by a friend and although I have been a Meguiars user for years I thought I would try.
    Big mistake.
    Would like to hear how the UW handled the swirl marks?

Thanks

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by SFLTD View Post
    Shawn,

In regards to the light swirl marks how did the UW handle them? Did it eliminate them?

I have a 2010 Santa Fe which has a candy apple color (Venetian Red) and has some light swirl marks which I attribute to the Turtle Ice I used. This was recommended by a friend and although I have been a Meguiars user for years I thought I would try.
    Big mistake.
    Would like to hear how the UW handled the swirl marks?

Thanks
    Do you mean Ultimate Polish or Ultimate Wax?

Ultimate Polish did a fair job at reducing the swirling but it did not eliminate all the swirls which an only be expected when working with a finishing polish by hand.

Ultimate Wax does hide swirls well though. Might want to check my review of Ultimate Wax to see how well it hid the swirls.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information