• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who likes beef jerky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes beef jerky?

I love it! I got a dehydrator last month for Valentines Day and have been trying out different spices and flavorings.

I am on my 12th batch. It is coming out really good. Any of you make your own jerky?

Re: Who likes beef jerky?

I wish I could! I love beef jerky. Problem is it's too salty and not the best for you but it's great after a good workout! Gives you some protein.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
      I wish I could! I love beef jerky. Problem is it's too salty and not the best for you but it's great after a good workout! Gives you some protein.
      I make mine to be eaten before I make another batch. I dont add salt. If you dont need to preserve it you dont need the extra salt. I do add light soy sauce though.

Comment

How you make it? What style of beef you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Premium View Post
          I make mine to be eaten before I make another batch. I dont add salt. If you dont need to preserve it you dont need the extra salt. I do add light soy sauce though.
          I mean like the pre-packaged jerky is really salty. Light soy sounds really good on jerky actually...or terriyaki.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by 03z71 View Post
            How you make it? What style of beef you use?
            Eye of round is what most people use, but I have found that London Broil stays much more tender and is equally as lean.

Comment

My wife loves to make jerky. She usually makes 4 pounds of it at a time. Needless to say but we always have jerky in the house. Her newest thing is making sausage now. She went out and bought a meat grinder and we have made a few pounds of sausage.
              Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
              2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
              2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Living where we do, my wife's farm family does not call it a dehydrator, but rather a "corn dryer". They cut the kernels off the cob, cook them in milk and sugar, dry that, freeze these rocks of corn and later rehydrate it with milk making this amazing creamed corn.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

I make my own jerky haven't done it for a while but I don't have a dehydrator but I use the oven it works well.I need to get in to doing it again.
                  2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                  1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                  1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                  1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                  1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

I could eat my weight in jerky!!! Venison jerky is awesome, too. Turkey jerky is really good. I've had elk and buffalo jerky. Pretty tasty. I guess if it says 'jerky' after it, it's good to me. Ha ha.

Colin
                    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I make my own jerky, mostly venison. It's rare that we don't have some kind of jerky around, family loves it.

Premium, do you make your own concoction of spices or do you buy them? I've been buying Hi Moutain for a while and have found some good favors.

Comment

I actually use a little chief smoker that works awesome, don't have to use as much salt because it is drying it out and you don't have to use chemical smoke because you have real smoke, I have found it's just better. just an opinion!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');