• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Institute - Saturday March 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Institute - Saturday March 19th

Meguiar’s is proud to announce the second NXT Tech Institute!
    • * Are you a professional detailer?
      * Do you have a desire to learn wet sanding & rotary buffing techniques?
      * Are you ready to provide high dollar services to the most discriminating clientèle?
      * Do you work with…desire to work with…show cars and want to develop the skills needed to make the paint look concourse ready?
      * Would you like to know how to remove paint defects, such as orange-peel, texture, scratches, swirls, acid rain etching, and severe water spots?
      * Want to learn about the latest technologies in paint care?
    When: Saturday, March 19th
    Where: The Nethercutt Collection - Sylmar, CA
    (Near Burbank, CA Airport)

NXTti is the iNtense eXtreme Training tech institute

At this one day information-packed workshop you will learn to:
    • * Evaluate and Eliminate All Types of Paint Defects
      This includes eliminating both above surface and below surface defects, including the number one consumer complaint: swirl marks.

* Revitalize Paint the Safe and Easy Way
      Create a flawless finish and save time utilizing the incredibly versatile Meguiar’s G100 Orbital Polishing System.

* High-Speed Rotary Polish Confidently and Consistently
      Highly guarded and scarcely known professional buffing techniques are taught here! Polishing speeds, pad placement, and compound choice discussed at length.

* Wet-sand by Hand or Machine
      Transform a textured or damaged paint surface into one that is as smooth-as-glass, safely and quickly!

The training fee for the NXT Tech Institute one-day workshop is $495.

Students receive:
    • * Professional hands-on and multi-media instruction.
      * NXTti Paint Care Kit (retail value of $495.00).
      * Limited-Edition Embroidered NXTti Duffel Bag.
      * Lunch

The best student to instructor ratio in the industry!
    Class size will be limited to under 30 students! Meguiar's NXTti Instructors have well over 100 years of combined experience pertaining to all aspects of the paint polishing process.

Instructors are:
    • * Jason Rose - Senior Area Sales Manager - Southern California - Meguiar's, Inc.
      * Rod Kraft - Senior Area Sales Manager - Northeast East - Meguiar’s, Inc.
      * Jeff Brown - Senior Area Sales Manager -Northern California - Meguiar’s, Inc.
      * Mark Willie - Sales Representative - Twinsburg, Ohio - Mirka Abrasives, Inc.
      * Kevin Brown - Professional Detailer and Meguiar’s Distributor

NXTti Experts combine hands-on training, in-depth discussion, and interactive-media in a highly specialized classroom setting. This radically compressed teaching format is very powerful. NXTti students are able to learn quickly, retain knowledge, and immediately put what they have learned into action. Avoid learning at "The School of Hard Knocks".

Here are comments from others who have already completed the course…

“Overall the class was very well thought out. It flowed very smoothly. We were given a lot of information, but it was well explained and then perfectly demonstrated. We had top of the line equipment to play with. The eight hour class passed very quickly! It was the first class operation that I have come to expect from Meguiar's. My hat is off to the instructors.� Joe
    “Thank you to everyone at the NXT training day, I learned a lot and had an enjoyable day. I have a large learning curve to get through. The training today reduced that learning curve and added to my confidence. Thanks again!� David
    “A big two thumbs up to the guys from Meguiar’s. They did an excellent job with this first NXTi. We started from the basics and got a good understanding of how to approach different problems. Then we got hands on, which was great. The instructors were extremely knowledgeable and patient. Well worth my time and money. Thanks Meguiar’s! Job well done!!!!� Bob
    “The NXTti clinic was outstanding. It presented the subject matter in a well thought out systematic manner. I learned a bunch and came away with base skills I didn't think I could get. If anyone has the opportunity to take one of these clinics, do so. You won't regret it.� Bill
    “It was a great class and I enjoyed it all... Well worth it (Even though I had to fly half way across the U.S.!) I do have to say the pictures of me (posted online) look so intense. Must have been all that information I was soaking up. Anyway, I think the next one should be in the middle of the U.S. (then I could go again!). GREAT CLASS.� Larry
    Classroom size is limited! Payments must be made in advance. Credit card or check accepted. For more information or to register, contact:

Kevin Brown - Phone: 805-922-6102
    Click here to e-mail Kevin Brown

Jason Rose- Phone: 805-320-0511
    Click here to e-mail Jason Rose

Register now to reserve your spot!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

I was privilaged to attend the first seminar.
    I've completely wetsanded 9 vehicles since then, (and several partials) with simply outstanding results.

I spent alot of time and money to attend this seminar, and I was quite satisfied with my investment. Those monies have come back many times over...

Highly recommended.

Jim
    If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

I also attended the first NXT Ti.

If you are serious about detailing, then this class is a must!
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys. I enjoyed spending the time with you.

And Jim, will you be flying out again, or....? !!!!!

Seriously though, are you doing more hand sanding or machine sanding? Did you find the moon-shaped and flexible hand pads to be useful with the Abralon and Royal?
        Last edited by Kevin Brown; Feb 27, 2005, 02:23 PM.
        Kevin Brown
        NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

It was a very good class. I am glad I attended.

Being it was the first NXT class there is very little to critique.

A better location to hold it doesnt exists.

The information was right on and there wasn't a question that the instructors couldn't answer.

I would have liked to have worked on real cars and checked the final product in direct sun light though.

Also, so we could have a little more time to eat, the students could have been asked their choice of one of the two or three items we could choose from for lunch and have a "runnner" put in the order for us 15 minutes before lunch time.

The class is top notch!!!
          Last edited by Superior Shine; Apr 30, 2007, 09:11 PM.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hey Joe-

THANKS for all the compliments. I want you to know that I appreciate the killer write-up you did immediately after the seminar. It blew me away! [color=deep pink]Superior Shine's Killer Write-up... NXTti[/color]
            Now that I've gained experience posting pics & text, I realize how tiring that must have been.
            If you'll e-mail me your shipping address I'd like to send you one of the last Inaugural NXTti duffle bags. You definitely earned it (and would probably use it). I meant to do it immediately, but days turned into weeks, and after that I just let it go.

On topic, I like the idea of sending a runner (or placing a call) ahead of time to order lunch. After all, food delivery took longer than expected. At the upcoming March 19th NXTti, we'll be doing things differently, as there is not a restaurant close by.

Additionally, we won't be working on real cars- it'll be test panels once again. Test panels allow students to get VERY aggressive and make mistakes without a huge financial burden on me! From a logistics standpoint, they're easy. Example- In the Vintage Museum, we were not allowed to use wool pads in the museum area because the loose fibers would find their way to the vehicles on display. We ended up using the restoration room for wool-pad compounding.

That rental car we played around on was returned with a very shiny hood, though.

Regarding pricing: Give me a day to drag out the 'Post NXTti Retail Sales Invoices' to check up on that topic. Note that all the prices included 7.75% sales tax. I do remember that we sold the bulk pack of Ultimate Wipes for 60 bucks ($55.69 + tax), not at the suggested retail price of $69.95 plus tax ($75.37).
            Kevin Brown

Comment

are you doing more hand sanding or machine sanding?
              Probably more TIME with the machine, but my confidence level with hand sanding is SO elevated, that I just do it much more than in in the past. (Correcting poor touchups, simple 'scuff & buff' areas, etc.)

No, I just can't justify the time away this time... just back from vacation and a minor expansion in the immediate works.

Best of luck!

Jim
              If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Kevin,

Polishing on test panels was an awsome idea. I wish I had thought of it. The detailer in me just wanted maybe one of these to polish on ---->

Yea I know I am crazy (car crazy)!!!

Meguiars takes good care of us. Specials pop up here on MOL every now and then. I know you guys do the best you can on price.

Thanks for the kind words, I would love the NXT bag.
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Jim-

Did you find the moon-shaped and flexible hand pads to be useful with the Abralon and Royal?

They're a favorite of mine. I run with three of the moon-shaped pads (2000 Abralon, 4000 Abralon, a one for Royal papers. The Abralon REALLY sticks, and switching back and forth seems to tear them up a little).
                  Kevin Brown

Comment

Mike,

When will the next one be? I'm not a pro (yet) but I want to be one! Let me know =)
                    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

The next one is March 19th!
                      After the March 19th NXT Tech Institute (NXTti), there may be another. At this time no others are scheduled . NXTti is a brand new concept, and it is difficult to put one of these seminars together. Availability of location and instructors is the first hurdle we must overcome. Then we have to find a Saturday that works for everyone involved (Since most people are busy during the week).
                      Although you live quite some distance from Sylmar, CA, you wouldn't be the first enthusiast to travel thousands of miles to attend- Students came from Michigan, Indiana, and Florida to attend the first NXTti, and they were happy they did!
                      Kevin Brown

Comment

Hey,

thanks - i'm only asking so i can plan my flight etc. this march is too busy for me plus anything prior to june is a nono for me. i will be flying to thailand for vacation so I need to save my cash =)

thanks!

Comment

One of these days I need to get out on the left coast and visit you guys.... I have seen Rod in action and if all of you are as good as he is this will be a killer class
                          Last edited by iceburgh; Mar 7, 2005, 05:26 AM.
                          http://iceburgh66.tripod.com/sig6.jpg

Comment

ADD ME TO THE LIST!

I booked my airplane tickets and will be flying across the country just to attend this session! It's late in the game so I didn't get a good deal on flights. I'll be spending most of my time on a plane than at the class - oh well - that's what happens when you are car crazy !

I need to get away from this 20-30 degree weather.

Can't wait to meet all of you who are attending!

paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
                              ADD ME TO THE LIST!

I booked my airplane tickets and will be flying across the country just to attend this session! It's late in the game so I didn't get a good deal on flights. I'll be spending most of my time on a plane than at the class - oh well - that's what happens when you are car crazy !

I need to get away from this 20-30 degree weather.

Can't wait to meet all of you who are attending!

paul
                              Paul you are hereby Certified Car Crazy!

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');