• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 in. soft buff pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 in. soft buff pads

was thinking about getting some for my G110 and came across this http://www.autogeek.net/lc-43085da.html and was wondering if i could use it? if not what do you guys recommend for a backing plate?

Re: 4 in. soft buff pads

Yes, that will be fine to use. Meguiar's sells a 3" backing plate for use with the 4" pads as well.

Comment

if ur using meg's 4 inch pads then i would just go with meg's backing plate

u wont be dissapointed
      Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Comment

Originally posted by dc2_ View Post
        if ur using meg's 4 inch pads then i would just go with meg's backing plate

u wont be dissapointed
        + 1

I tend to match backing plates with buffing pads staying with the same brand as it has been designed that way.

Comment

This is the backing plate from Mequiar's. I just bought the 3" pads myself and bought this for them.

Meguiars S3BP 3" Black Backing Pad W/Adaptor

Several places carry them. Shop around for the best prices. That's what I do.
          Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

The plate in the link will NOT work. It is a 3.5" backing plate. The Meguiars backing plate is 2 & 7/8ths. For Meguiars Soft Buff 4" pads, you can't use a backing plate any large than 3" in diameter because of how it attaches to the velcro on the back of the pad.

Comment

FYI original post is from 2011.....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');