• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT, Carnuba or both

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT, Carnuba or both

I plan to spend some time on my Jeep tomorrow. It's a black 2011 Wrangler JK. Paint is perfect. I'm going to clay first. My question: I have both NXT and carnuba wax. Should I use just one or is there any advantage in using both? If both, what order would produce the best results? Thanks.
    2005 Nissan Xterra SE
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Re: NXT, Carnuba or both

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish for a final look to the finish, each wax can produce a different look depending on the color and condition of the paint. If you are to use both, NXT then the carnuba.

Comment

If you want a "brighter" look on your paint, use NXT 2.0 alone. If you want to add more depth (deeper, blacker look) add a layer of carnauba wax. Just make sure you're carnauba wax is not a cleaner wax or does not contain any cleaners. Adding a layer of carnauba on top of the sealant can extend the protection.. the sealant layer protects the paint, the carnauba layer protects the sealant layer, in a way. The difference may not be big, but if it gives you the shine you're after regardless of how much or little additional protection it gives, i'd go for it.

Comment

X2. I'm preferential to the softer "glow" of a carnauba, so I'll do my NXT first for max protection, allow it to cure overnight, then finish with a carnauba layer.

Bill

Comment

Thanks to all. It's time to show some TLC to my Jeep.
          2005 Nissan Xterra SE
          2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Comment

cure time, very important for sythnetic polymer products. Nothing bad will happen if you don't allow it to cure, but it does maximize your NXT's protection and shine. Overnight or 12hours is recommended.

For your carnauba wax, many here use gold class carnauba plus but if you want you can also use deep crystal 3, the carnauba wax. Its slightly cheaper, but has no cleaners or polishing oils. Just a wax. Or maybe you can go the mirror glaze route. The high tech yellow wax.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');