• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bird droppings HELP pictures inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird droppings HELP pictures inside

Hi everyone, this is my first post but i have been reading and learning alot through the past weeks. Im a noob to detailing but im very interested in learning. My car is a 2007 honda civic hybrid and i have bird dropping stains on my hood. To the touch you cant feel anything i already try using ultimate compound by hand and stain still there no improvement at all. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Re: Bird droppings HELP pictures inside

Can you describe how you applied the UC some?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

They are etched.

Clay bar will remove whatever sits on top of the paint and Ultimate Compound should take care of in paint part. You need to remove enough surrounding paint to level those etched spots. Soft foam applicator with down pressure is needed.

If not successful you could wet-sand them with 3000 grit sand paper and then use UC.

Any idea how old they are?

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Can you describe how you applied the UC some?
        I cleaned the area with quick detailer and wiped dry, then with a foam applicator i applied UC in a circular motion working the area then wiped off the with a detail cloth (applied the UC twice with no affect at all). Thx

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
          They are etched.

Clay bar will remove whatever sits on top of the paint and Ultimate Compound should take care of in paint part. You need to remove enough surrounding paint to level those etched spots. Soft foam applicator with down pressure is needed.

If not successful you could wet-sand them with 3000 grit sand paper and then use UC.

Any idea how old they are?
          Got it, im going to try the clay bar. Stains are pretty old about year or so. Thx

Comment

You could try with a terry cloth applicator for additional oomph or you will have to get a D/A to fix it.
            Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
            2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
            2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Make sure you are working the product into the paint, not just wiping it around.

However, those do look a little unusual for bird spots.... almost more of a stain than etching. Maybe some sort of Bug and Tar remover also?
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                Make sure you are working the product into the paint, not just wiping it around.

However, those do look a little unusual for bird spots.... almost more of a stain than etching. Maybe some sort of Bug and Tar remover also?
                Thanks murr

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');