• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Remove Water Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To Remove Water Spots

You would likely want to use both the clay and ScratchX on the paint, and clay on the glass.

It might be worth looking into something like the G100/G110 if you like to work on your car a lot.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by ARMY_MP_From_MO View Post
      Let me start off by saying I'm a soldier recovering from a spinal fusion to repair my broken back. My apt complex started using their sprinkler system to water what grass they have here in El Paso. Of course, they put in 360 degree heads and it's put water spots on my glass, my grille and the hood and driver's side of my baby. Argh! I tried using the cleaner wax on mine. The water spots seemed like type I when I started but just faded away. After, waxing it I hurt for about a week and I'm not interested in that without getting the right results. Should I expect better results from the clay or should I just use the ScratchX?
      Mike's original post at the begining of this thread is a sure fire way to get the results you desire. I can understan your desire to get the right prosess down the first time considering your condition. And to guarantee the results you are looking for, it's always recomended to do a test area so that you don't wind up doing your whole car, stepping back to look at things and wind up saying to yourself "That's not quite what I was trying to achieve."

It makes things a ton easier when the vehicle is yours too, you don't have to do the whole thing all at once. You can do a pannel or two a week, or more if you like (this was my pace as I own a Yukon XL and was woking on it by hand)

The Detailing 101 and the How To section are very valuable sources also, so look around. I'm always finding new and useful advice!

Comment

This is an excellent guide. Thanks for the write-up Mike.

Comment

i have not yet look closely on my paint to know if there are any water spots, i will tomorrow morning, but i do have water spots all over my windows. i tried windex, and regular water, but nothing is getting rid of the spots. any suggestions?

Comment

I have found clay, Nxt Glass Cleaner and RainX to get rid of mild water spots after an application or two.

Comment

I was praying for Type 1 but I had the Type 2.

Scratch X and a terry cloth did the trick.... plus alot of Karate Kid!!! Wax on... Wax off!!!!

There is still some water spots but hardly noticeable. Once I get feeling back in both of my arms, I will get those too

Comment

can u just use color x to remove water spots?

Comment

Originally posted by superbogel View Post
                  can u just use color x to remove water spots?
                  You can "Test" to see if it will work. If you have more questions about the water spots on your car please start your own thread.

Thank you.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    You can "Test" to see if it will work. If you have more questions about the water spots on your car please start your own thread.

Thank you.
                    oki got it, mant thx

Comment

so anything other than scratchx that removes type 2 water spots (etching)?
                      i have numerous on my trunk and roof, shtty pa weather was raining for the past three days, with bright sun inbetween, i didn't notice until getting to wash it today in the sun.. freaked me out..

so um yeah.. what else other than scratchx? i have quixx scratch repair at hand.. would that work?

Comment

I take it that M205 should be sufficient enough to remove water spots. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by pmason718 View Post
                          I take it that M205 should be sufficient enough to remove water spots. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
                          Depends. If they are mild, yes. If they are severe, deeper into the paint, then a stronger product or machine may be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by pmason718 View Post
                            Hey Mason,

Haven't seen you on here in a while

The M205 role is that of an ULTRA *finishing* polish, but it is unique in that depending on application method (hand, rotary, DA) and pad (polishing or finishing) it can have some moderate bite.

On Ford paint I have on occasion been able to achieve 100% correction on a car in decent shape with 2 passes using a polishing pad and rotary.

Usually though, you will want to stick to a heavy hitter like M105 to get at deep etchings and water spots. Then use the M205 to refine the surface.

You use a FLEX 3401, right? Or did you end up with a G110?

Comment

Wsup Mark,

I haven't seen you on F150 in a while, lol. I ended up getting the G110 to start off with. I didn't want to cause any damage first. The water spots that I'm talking about are not severe. It on my lady's 08 Focus. The funny thing is that about two weeks ago after washing, drying, clay I polished her car with the G110, polishing pad and M205. I followed that up with NXT 2.0 and the car looked wonderful. This past weekend I went to just wash it and I don't know if I left some soap on a little to long but now it has some water spots on the spoiler. The rest of the car is fine. I think I'm going to clay it then hit it with M105. Maybe next summer once I get comfortable with the G110 I will step it up.

Comment

I just recently discovered the joys of detailing. After a couple of months of reading and learning, I discovered that I had some Type II water spots. I knew that I needed to clay the surface, so I picked up a clay kit. The kit included a bottle of "cleaner wax". After washing and claying, the water spots were still there. So, I tried the cleaner wax. I used it as if it were a polish compound. Moderate pressure. Took them water spots right off. Most spots vanished in one pass. A few spots needed two passes. And, waxed at the same time. Easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');