• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate wax or NXT 2.0??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate wax or NXT 2.0??

I've been using NXT for about 2 years now I absolutely love it. I just recently herd about the ultimate wax. Has anyone ever used the ultimate wax? Do you think it is better than the NXT?

Re: Ultimate wax or NXT 2.0??

Yes, I would like to know this as well. I use NXT 2.0 on my dark green Mustang. I was wondering if ultimate wax would give a deeper shine?

Jim

Comment

Just my opinion...but I've tried the Ultimate wax in both liquid and paste version...and I have to say that NXT 2.0 is still my hands down #1 wax. Much easier to work, hides fine scratches better and when you're done your car looks amazing.

Sad to say that I regret spending the $40 on both versions of Ultimate wax. Looks like it's getting pushed to the back of the shelf...at least the bottles look pretty. Oh well.

Comment

I was using M21 and now use UW paste. I prefer the UW. On my silver car the paint looks more even and new. I used it on a dark red car and it looks deeper IMO. I cannot comment on durability yet. Also, I think NXT has more polishing oils than M21 so that might make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by joaks View Post
          I was using M21 and now use UW paste. I prefer the UW. On my silver car the paint looks more even and new. I used it on a dark red car and it looks deeper IMO. I cannot comment on durability yet. Also, I think NXT has more polishing oils than M21 so that might make a difference.
          The differences in durability would be my question as well. I love NXT 2.0 Tech Wax, it's ease of use, and slick feel. It's durability isn't what I would call great, however. I hate to switch to Ultimate Wax just to find out if it's better and would really like to read someone's writeup of a head to head comparison of the durability question.
          Regards.

Comment

According to Megs, the UW should last longer. The beading pattern seems to be different (the UW is less "bead" and more "sheet off") which makes a comparison difficult. I would just take their word for it but the durability claims of the NXT were maybe a little optimistic .

Comment

Originally posted by joaks View Post
              According to Megs, the UW should last longer. The beading pattern seems to be different (the UW is less "bead" and more "sheet off") which makes a comparison difficult. I would just take their word for it but the durability claims of the NXT were maybe a little optimistic .
              The beading pattern is definitely different in my experience. It was exactly as you described. NXT 2.0 = beads and beads. Ultimate wax = more of a repelling, sheeting action.

If someone is more concerned with durability, perhaps Ultimate wax is the way to go - can't comment on the durability from personal experience however. I usually don't let my cars go more than a couple weeks without a wax freshen up - so the issue of NXT 2.0 maybe not lasting months, isn't an issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcjr View Post
                I hate to switch to Ultimate Wax just to find out if it's better and would really like to read someone's writeup of a head to head comparison of the durability question.
                Regards.
                Too bad we're not neighbors...I'd let you use either of my Ultimate wax products for a day to find out for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Apollo IV View Post
                  Too bad we're not neighbors...I'd let you use either of my Ultimate wax products for a day to find out for yourself.
                  Apollo,
                  That would be very nice of you. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

I was also a big fan of NXT2.0. I have done a black Dodge Ram,black and grey Volkswagon Jetta,pearl white Acura TL,and a grey Nissan pickup in the past couple of weeks using clay,M105 where needed,M205 followed by 2 coats of Ultimate wax applied by G110 with great results!
                    There are some differences in my eyes between NXT2.0 and Ultimate Wax,
                    I dont mind putting an M26 topcoat on either for a deeper reflection.
                    Its all about what looks good to you!!
                    Have fun with it!

Comment

Just my opinion...but I've tried the Ultimate wax in both liquid and paste version...and I have to say that NXT 2.0 is still my hands down #1 wax. Much easier to work, hides fine scratches better and when you're done your car looks amazing.

Sad to say that I regret spending the $40 on both versions of Ultimate wax. Looks like it's getting pushed to the back of the shelf...at least the bottles look pretty. Oh well.
                      Wow, i'm a bit surprised you like NXT 2.0 better.. UW is something I'm looking forward to trying out (its not yet available here). I'll still try it out, I like trying out new waxes anyway. I still consider you lucky for being one of the first to try out this new megs wax

What makes the Ultimate wax more difficult to use? The smearing or the streaks left even after hazing/removal?

Comment

i agree!!!! the ULW is good for cars with rubber trim for easy waxing.

Comment

Just personal preference, but this weekend, I went through the whole process of cleaning up my Black 07 Dodge Ram. Wash, Clay, Ult Compound, Ult Polish and then finished with 2 coats of Ult Wax, waiting a day between application.

Just from my observations and use, by the way, used my Griots Garage DA Polisher to apply with 5.5" gray LC pad, I applied the Ult Wax thin. It was sorta hard to see where I had applied it, really had to make sure I over laped my passes. Then I made sure it was dry by using the finger swipe, then removed. It came off really easy and my truck looks great and it rained yester day, Monday, and I got some great beading with it, but it seemed like with NXT 2.0 I got more of a wet look from using it. Again just my observation. But any way, my truck looks great with the Ult Wax. And I like trying new waxes and such

FYI too. I had Ult Compound last year and loved it, but just got the Ult Polish this year and loved it. It made me hungry while applying it, because it smelled good

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                            Wow, i'm a bit surprised you like NXT 2.0 better.. UW is something I'm looking forward to trying out (its not yet available here). I'll still try it out, I like trying out new waxes anyway. I still consider you lucky for being one of the first to try out this new megs wax

What makes the Ultimate wax more difficult to use? The smearing or the streaks left even after hazing/removal?
                            Hi ffboy -

Definitely, you should still try out the ultimate wax...some people have had good experiences. We all have different expectations and needs with waxes.

As far as use - Ultimate liquid wax doesn't glide on as smoothly as the NXT 2.0 liquid. It's also tough to gauge when it has set up compared to NXT 2.0. Then, the smearing, greasy appearance is left behind afterwards. If you weren't in good light, you might not notice it.

Ultimate past wax is a bit better that it's easier to apply - much smoother. It is also a bit better in terms of removal and not leaving behind residue.

I don't want to have to "work" at applying a wax "just right" to get it to work for me. Usually I view waxing a car as something that relaxes me and takes my mind off things...Ultimate wax made me frustrated. Especially, when the end result is not there either.

I spent the past weekend doing another full detail of my car..and I used NXT 2.0 exclusively. When I woke up Monday morning and looked at my car...It literally looked like it was glowing. That's NXT 2.0 for you. It just makes you want to keep staring at your paint. Ultimate wax just didn't have that same effect on my paint - it just looked okay - but nothing that caught my eye.

Again, this is just my experience on my car, with my paint, with my needs, etc. So take it for what it's worth.

Oh, I used to try every wax that I could get my hands on back in the day when I was growing up. Used to love going into stores and scanning the shelves for something new to try. I don't have the extra money to do that now...and I've really settled on Meguiars products as the best I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by rweekley View Post
                              I had Ult Compound last year and loved it, but just got the Ult Polish this year and loved it. It made me hungry while applying it, because it smelled good
                              For sure, Ultimate Compound is good stuff! And Ultimate Polish really fits in and does exactly what it's supposed to do. I have used Ultimate polish a good bit so far with nice results.

But Ultimate Polish didn't make me hungry...the thing that makes me hungry is Ultimate Wash & Wax. Every time I use that stuff...I feel like I could eat 10 mangoes...it smells fruity!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');