• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate wax or NXT 2.0??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate wax or NXT 2.0??

Maybe its just the "getting to know the paint/wax" stage, thats why your results aren't as good yet.. I think, i come up with these conclusions based on what i experienced. This is true when i switched from carnauba to polymer wax. The shine looked dull, and doesn't seem durable. These synthetic polymer wax seems to be finicky with little details..

But then, you've been using NXT alot, so its a bit strange..

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
      So what are you going to do with the other 29 bottles of the stuff? (Personally, I like to try out a product before investing heavily in it.)
      I meant that I've bought about 30 bottles of the NXT 2.0 Liquid since it came out. FFboy was asking/talking about the paste version of NXT 2.0 vs. NXT 2.0 liquid.

Only got one bottle of UW in paste and liquid version.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Apollo IV View Post
        I meant that I've bought about 30 bottles of the NXT 2.0 Liquid since it came out. FFboy was asking/talking about the paste version of NXT 2.0 vs. NXT 2.0 liquid.

Only got one bottle of UW in paste and liquid version.
        Paraphrasing, I think it was Mike Phillips who said "find what you like and use it"

Blue, you seem to have found it for sure after 30 bottles. I think I got one liquid NXT 2.0 in a gift box and have used it once. After that I bought the larger bottle of M21 and like it and used it for awhile.

However, I've used liquid Ultimate Wax on a variety of seven cars and trucks and love it. Easy on, easy off and great reflections. Not sure whether the fact they were all black vehicles makes a difference or not and no where near your level of your experience with NXT.

"find what you like and use it"

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
          Not sure whether the fact they were all black vehicles makes a difference or not and no where near your level of your experience with NXT.

"find what you like and use it"
          Thats a very good point. As mine is a black pearl I cant wait to try it. I hope Mr Stoops can add some more info. nxt 2.0 suits colour etc....... Ultimate wax suits colour etc... and so on.

I'm sure this debate will go on . I love topping my nxt 2.0 with Gold Class Plus. But thats another thread.

Rappy.

Comment

Its a bit crazy.. Different people here and everywhere else use particular product combinations, and for particular colors. Even with the launch of newer more advanced wax, or what seems to be the best wax/sealant of a particular brand, some still prefer the slightly older product. Yes, the debate will go on for some time to come, but it will be a nice, informative one i assume.

I'd like to give gold class carnauba plus a try. From the pics i've seen, it seems to have a better shine (depth, richness) than NXT 2.0, and maybe the ultimate wax. At the moment, i have collinite 845.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
              Blue, you seem to have found it for sure after 30 bottles. I think I got one liquid NXT 2.0 in a gift box and have used it once. After that I bought the larger bottle of M21 and like it and used it for awhile.

However, I've used liquid Ultimate Wax on a variety of seven cars and trucks and love it. Easy on, easy off and great reflections. Not sure whether the fact they were all black vehicles makes a difference or not and no where near your level of your experience with NXT.
              For sure...that's why even though I don't like Ultimate Wax...I've never come out told someone "Don't use it". It seems to fit some peoples needs and expectations - but definitely not mine.

What's ironic about this is that I wanted Ultimate Wax...I posted the suggestion in the new product wish section back in August or something. I was going off my fantastic experiences with Ultimate Quik Wax...I love that stuff and thought the actual "wax" would just totally blow me away.

It could be different color paint having different results...maybe more noticeable with Ultimate wax than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Apollo IV View Post
                For sure...that's why even though I don't like Ultimate Wax...I've never come out told someone "Don't use it". It seems to fit some peoples needs and expectations - but definitely not mine.

What's ironic about this is that I wanted Ultimate Wax...I posted the suggestion in the new product wish section back in August or something. I was going off my fantastic experiences with Ultimate Quik Wax...I love that stuff and thought the actual "wax" would just totally blow me away.

It could be different color paint having different results...maybe more noticeable with Ultimate wax than others.
                Yep, to each his own. Those little details is the dfference between liking or not liking a product. Like me.. I'm happier with the look i get from Insulator wax on silver, while many say its not that good on light colors.. Also depends on my mood, or if i miss using one or the other.

Ultimate quik wax? same here. I love the stuff. Smells good, gives a rich shine but does somehow shange the nxt2.0's look.

From what i've seen on your car, i think the reason you're not too happy with ultimate wax is the different gloss it gives and your color. Ultimate wax seems to enhance the color richness and depth more than NXT's clarity and reflectivity. Your car's (yes, it looks great) looks clean and rich, but it seems to glow but its shade makes it difficult to Pop or reflect the surrounding light.. Its hard to expound! BUt for your need/wants, the nxt 2.0 is the wax for you.

Comment

Been using big m,s reflection on my 2010- white Frontier. just switched to UW and I still think reflection has a deeper shine with less work.
                  Put down two coats of UW and it still does not look like a deep shine on a white king cab
                  I was thinking of using NXT before I found the UW. I got mine at O:Rielys for 25.99 and two days latter found it at Wally Mart for 22.99. Got to try NXT 2.0 to see if I can get a deeper shine. I wax once a week and wipe it down daily.
                  Work at the airport in a open parking lot and it gets a lite film of something all over the truck. Maybe exhaust from the aircraft.
                  Thanks for all the comments learning many new things here.
                  Aloha

Comment

The closest o got was using mothers FX+reflections top coat combo. Ultimate wax and NXT2.0 might be a bit newer, but the reflections series is a "deadly" combination. You can also try it on a different color and do another comparison between the two waxes, but take note i'm not saying you're wrong with your observation. Also, reflections is a 2-step product. the wax is a polymer/sythetic and the final "top coat" is a carnuaba/synthetic hybrid, so it has that deep shine you observed.

Comment

Originally posted by toyboy View Post
                      Been using big m,s reflection on my 2010- white Frontier. just switched to UW and I still think reflection has a deeper shine with less work.
                      Mother's Reflections is a great product, especially at the price offered at Amazon.com ($11 a bottle). It may be one of the easiest products to use. I've never had any problems with streaking or anything like that, and its look rivals NXT. I have never tried the Reflections/Top Coat combo.
                      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                        Mother's Reflections is a great product, especially at the price offered at Amazon.com ($11 a bottle). It may be one of the easiest products to use. I've never had any problems with streaking or anything like that, and its look rivals NXT. I have never tried the Reflections/Top Coat combo.
                        I'd like to do a comparo between NXT 2.0 vs. Mothers Reflections Car wax then NXT 2.0 vs. ReflectionsCW/ReflectionsTC combo. Comparo in terms of shine/depth and most importantly, in terms of durability.

I've used NXT 2.0 with reflections top coat quite successfully. Should be no problems soing it, since reflections state "can be used on top of ANY SEALANT, WAX OR GLAZE". On black, it looks real nice..

I think i may switch again to paste versions of meguiars premium wax (NXT, Gold class or ultimate wax). While i found paste NXT 2.0 not as effortless to apply and requires a bit more time with it, since day 1 i never had any streaking issues with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');