• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing in pollin season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing in pollin season

Greetings!
    I recently purchased a pc 7346, pads, Ultimate polish and NXT 2.0. I plan to detail my 300, my daughter's Charger and my Ford Excursion. I am reluctant to do the work because the pollin in Alabama has been overwhelming. As soon as you wash the car, it is covered with a fine coat of pollin dust. Is it safe to polish and wax under these conditions, or should I wait until the dust blows away? Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Detailing in pollin season

Wash and bring inside a sealed location like a garage. Do a wipe down and then apply wax.

Comment

If you want to see what pollen looks like....check the pic in this thread. That crud WILL mar your paint!
      Last edited by SVT Lightning; Apr 12, 2011, 01:21 PM. Reason: used a banned word!
      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Yeah, definitely not a good idea to wax, etc. without some type of protection from the pollen if it's that bad.

Comment

It has been my experience that wax will attract pollen and dust, but sealant will repeal pollen and dust better...for a period of time anyways. Either way I will use a California duster to dust the car(mind you very lightly, no pressure at all[check out junkman on youtube]).

supposedly finish care 425 helps repeal pollen also.

edit:
          For me I will wash the car with ONR, then spray the car with IPA(rubbing alcohol and distiled water 1:1) then apply wax. If I notice a thick layer of dust as I wax I can use ipa+mf cloth then wax/sealant. I detail outdoors. In full sun, in shade, where ever. I don't have a garage. If its raining I will use a large outdoor umbrella and move that around the car. I am sure a pop up canopywould be helpful.

Comment

Pollen- The sky is falling, the sky is falling, Chicken Little –
            http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/d...en-little.html
            ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Ultimate Quik Detailer and a clean MF towel are your best weapons between weekly washes in the battle against pollen. Some claim using UQD will scratch the paint, but only if you dont have a good base layer of wax down and you dont turn your towel frequently enough/switch to a clean one when it gets dirty.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');