• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My detailing experience--finally finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My detailing experience--finally finished

First off, thanks to all who helped me through the process.

Prior to detailing my mini cooper S 2009 (bought brand new), I only washed it every week to 3 weeks. It had never gone through an automatic car wash place nor been waxed , detailed, etc.

The wash and dry with gold wash was an easy process. I had to wring the waffle towel 5 to 6 times to finish drying the car. I read about others only needing to wring it once .

Claying was an easy process too. I could not believe the amount of contaminant I had on my car. Every time I finished wiping of with the MF towel for an area, I had to Remold the Clay. I dropped the clay while claying the side panel.....Thanks to you all, I remembered to throw it away and use a new one.

Swirl X- I don't think I had much swirling on my car but had light scratches in a couple of areas. It didn't come off with SwirlX. It took so much energy out of me that I think if I EVER do detailing again, no more cleaning process

Ultimate Liquid Wax- very easy process. I wanted to wait 12 hours to give 2nd coating but just wanted to get it over with. I waited 2 hours for 2nd coating. I hope i didn't apply too much pressure in wiping the Wax with MF towel after 2nd application.

Interior Quick Detailer- love the product and everything looks great in the car

Thought about claying and waxing factory rims but decided against it.

I woke up this morning having sore arms and upper body.

Re: My detailing experience--finally finished

Congratulation Silvia,

It really is a tough job, but the results are worth it!

Take some pictures and show it to us if you can.

Comment

Good process man. But, we got to see them pics!!
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

The wash and dry with gold wash was an easy process. I had to wring the waffle towel 5 to 6 times to finish drying the car. I read about others only needing to wring it once .
        When the car is waxed, etc (and you flow the water off at the end), the surface wont have as much water on it.

Claying was an easy process too. I could not believe the amount of contaminant I had on my car. Every time I finished wiping of with the MF towel for an area, I had to Remold the Clay. I dropped the clay while claying the side panel.....Thanks to you all, I remembered to throw it away and use a new one.
        I like to cut the clay into smaller pieces because of that.

Swirl X- I don't think I had much swirling on my car but had light scratches in a couple of areas. It didn't come off with SwirlX. It took so much energy out of me that I think if I EVER do detailing again, no more cleaning process
        May have needed a stronger product for the scratching. As far as just 'light cleaning to remove dirt', you probably worked it in harder than needed. For just removing dirt, you can be more like the wax.

Ultimate Liquid Wax- very easy process. I wanted to wait 12 hours to give 2nd coating but just wanted to get it over with. I waited 2 hours for 2nd coating. I hope i didn't apply too much pressure in wiping the Wax with MF towel after 2nd application.
        Applying some pressure shouldnt hurt the wax. Just want to be as gentle as possible, not cause any swirls, etc.

Interior Quick Detailer- love the product and everything looks great in the car
        Yea, it is good stuff.

Thought about claying and waxing factory rims but decided against it.
        I dont really worry about waxing, but I do clay and clean them with SwirlX, etc once a year or so.

I woke up this morning having sore arms and upper body.
        Its a workout...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');