• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt = omg!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt = omg!!!

I had a day set aside for most of my spring detailing, so the day before I decided to buy NXT 2.0 Tech Wax. I had used Gold Class carnauba before and was somewhat pleased (it did VERY well on my Dad's '91 New Yorker), but NXT had great word of mouth on this forum.
    Well let me tell you that most of the folks here are right...NXT is AWESOME! From application to removal to shine I'm sold on it. Keep in mind that I had washed the car, used Megs Clay Bar, and Megs Ultimate Compound beforehand to get rid of all that the PA Turnpike has subjected her to.
    This may be the BEST wax I've ever used. Part 2 of this test is how it holds up (supposed to rain a lot the next week up here).
    Happy Easter all!
    Ray...
    Graphic Designer and detail semi-freak!

Re: Nxt = omg!!!

I really like the NXT 2.0 as well.
    I just used the Carnuaba Plus and like it too, super easy on and off.
    I hear that the carnuaba on top of the nxt is awesome.
    Joel
    1976 Cutlass S
    2001 PT Cruiser
    1990 454SS
    Suburban

Comment

I really like it for some cars. It really makes the paint "pop".
      2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (my modded baby)
      Others: 2003.5 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi SLT Sport, 2000 Lincoln Town Car, 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 (W124), 1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, 1931 Ford Model A Commercial Pickup

Comment

Try some #21 before applying the NXT.

Amazing indeed.

Comment

I know either thing isa personal preference, but I love my NXT compared to the new Ult Wax. Just in the summer, I like the shine, glossiness, wettness that NXT gives my truck. But as far as durability, supposedly Ult Was last longer. Lets see, I put Ult Wax on my truck 3 wks ago, but hoping to get a rain free weekend and re wax the truck and put NXT back on and again my opinion, I love the Ult Polish, so I would use it before I put NXT back on.

Sorry, just had to comment as I am hungry for the look NXT gave my truck and just reading where others have been using NXT, with their reslults, just made me jealous.

Comment

Couldn't agree more with NXT 2.0 being the ultimate wax as far as I'm concerned. Love it!

Comment

Have to agree. My car looks best when topped with 2.0.

-James
              2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Apollo IV View Post
                Couldn't agree more with NXT 2.0 being the ultimate wax as far as I'm concerned. Love it!
                Blue, I have been using #7 show glaze with #26 Yellow Tech on the Grabber Blue, do you find the NXT 2.0 better than the 26?

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Originally posted by inyadreems View Post
                  Blue, I have been using #7 show glaze with #26 Yellow Tech on the Grabber Blue, do you find the NXT 2.0 better than the 26?
                  I've never used the #7 glaze or #26 yellow tech at all. So I can't compare the two.

All I can say is that with results that I get with NXT 2.0 Liquid - I can't imagine a wax giving better results for me. So much that I've stopped looking for anything else to use.

I thought I would switch to Ultimate Wax this year and I did try it in the paste & liquid versions...but I wasn't pleased at all with it. I immediately went back to NXT 2.0 Liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by inyadreems View Post

I have been using this combo in the past, but comparing only #26 and NXT .. hmmm, it would be hard to say, both waxes are top notch imo.

Maybe nxt is a bit easier to work with in terms of removal, whilst #26 may outlast nxt by a small margin.

As for #7, I have personally stopped using any form of polish a while ago, instead I rather apply a layer of #21 for a superb result before jumping on nxt or #26.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanx might give that NXT 2.0 liquid a try.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I'm still a bit confused on this topic: Does NXT has cleaners in it? Even at very mild stage, i think that would make the previous layer ineffective, doesn't it?

But a far from that, I still love NXT... first LSP that made me truly fell in love with this hobby

Comment

Originally posted by nothelle View Post
                          I'm still a bit confused on this topic: Does NXT has cleaners in it? Even at very mild stage, i think that would make the previous layer ineffective, doesn't it?

But a far from that, I still love NXT... first LSP that made me truly fell in love with this hobby
                          As I understand NXT2.0 and I`ve used it since it came out as NXT. It does have some cleaners in it but they are not abrasive, they`re chemical. Thats why so may say that there is no use to put a second coat on it, because it removes whats under it.

Comment

NXT 2.0 is more of a Polish-Wax rather than a cleaner wax. Meaning it has some polishing oils in it that gives it that deep shine.

Hope this helps:

Thread: Why does Meguiar's offer so many different waxes?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');