• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Oxidation on a black car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Oxidation on a black car

Hey guys,

We recently inherited a 1999 Honda Accord. It's pretty dirty and pretty soon I'm gonna try to detail it and try to clean it up. There are alot of dings that I'm not gonna worry about, but I figure I'll at least try to restore some type of a shine to it and make it look as good as I can. I'll be doing this by hand so it won't be easy. I'm thinking of using scratch X, Polish and wax, all Meguiars of course. Is there anything else I should take into consideration? Do you have a tips for trying to accomplish a task such as this?

Thanks

Re: Removing Oxidation on a black car

After a good wash, I'd start with clay then the next steps you listed. If the paint hasn't been taken care of, ScratchX may not work as well as a compound but you can try ScratchX first to see if it's enough. Some before-and-after pics might be cool too.

Comment

I actually have ultimate compound too. Should I used that instead? Thanks. I forgot about the clay bar lol.

Comment

Good to di test spots, but UC would be a good idea for a whole car. Best to do a test panel first, and see how thing go.

Wash and clay everything, then try the cleaner test spots.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');