• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSX Prime at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSX Prime at Meguiar's!

On Saturday, February 26th 2005, Meguiar's was proud to host members from NSX Prime

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

those cars look great..very nice pictures taken.

Comment

Thanks Again Mike. Great presentation. A lot of New product to empty my wallet on.

how about more Pictures?

Comment

Mike Phillips-

Amazing day! As I said to you Saturday, your passion, knowledge and expertise come through completely in your polished (pun intended) presentation. I didn't see you eat, drink or, hell, even take a breath until you were satisfied that you had helped us become better car-lovers!! Thank you for the event and all that you did for us but most of all for the enthusiasm in which you gave it!! I have always purchased Meguiar's products (okay, okay, I get Armor All on occasion) and now I won't buy anything else so tell your boss those clinics work!!!! Well, gotta go polish some paint.

Thank you again so much Mike for everything!!
        And thanks to Tim too!

All the best,
        Terry

p.s. My car is faster now since you buffed the hood.
        Lower drag coefficient=good!!

Comment

I have to echo T-Med thoughts.
          Thank you very much!
          Tell your boss there's a lot of positive word of mouth
          advertising happening.

Comment

Nice pics!!
            2003 Mach 1
            Azure Blue
            5 speed/IUP
            2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
            KY Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by fkong777
              How about more pictures?
              You got it!

Our classroom portion ran a little long which is okay because the reason for this was the plethora of awesome questions!

Before we start our Power Point Presentation, we ask the club members if they have any questions and we write them down in the Parking Lot. The Parking Lot is a term Mike Pennington coined and shared with me to describe the upper right hand corner of the white board where we write down everyone's questions and then park them until after the Power Point Presentation.

The reason why is because often times through the course of the Power Point Presentation, we will usually answer most questions. Then during the Questions & Answers period of time, (following the Power Point Presentation), we try our best to answer any remaining questions that haven't already been answered. Of course there are always new questions that arise to discuss also generated by the Power Point Presentation.

Usually, we get about 5-7 questions, before we even started we already had 13 great questions! And there's no such thing as a dumb question...

(Excuse my sloppy hand-writing, lucky for me I'm a typist! In my defense, the white board wiggles )
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Because the class ran a little long, to save time, we did the walk-by as everyone was eating their pizza!

The sun wasn't cooperating as much as we hoped but enough to evaluate the true condition of most car finishes present that day.

The sun helps to highlight swirls and scratches. Here's a zoomed out shot of the rear passenger's side,

And here's what the same, above swirls look like to our eyes close-up...

These swirls are referred to as cobweb-effect. The hundreds of thousands of scratches that are evenly distributed throughout the entire finish show up as a scratch pattern that resembles a spiders web, or a cobweb wherever you view a strong light source, such as the sun.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After looking at all of the cars, we finally chose this blue NSX because it had recently been detailed and we decided it would make for a great demonstration on how to remove buffers swirls, (also called holograms), using Meguiar's G100 Dual Action Polisher.

The tale-tale lines, or patterns you see in the hood of this NSX are swirls instilled by the improper use of a rotary buffer. Buffer swirls are very unsightly, especially on the beautiful body lines of the Acura NSX.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We also chose this red NSX for a demonstration on how to remove cobweb-effect by hand using ScratchX.

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After selecting the cars to demonstrate on, we pulled them into Meguiar's garage and everyone joined in to wipe them down with Meguiar's Quik Detailer to remove any light dust and fresh contaminants.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

The classes we teach at Meguiar's are truly hands-on training classes.

After a demonstration on technique,

anyone that has never previously used a clay bar is strongly encouraged to grab some clay and some Quik Detailer and some clay and join in the fun!

It doesn't take long to clay a car with so many hands getting into the action!

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I stuck around after the demo to play with some of the Products. Man, the 2 step Aloe leather cleaner and conditioner works great. My seat leather never looked better. It is very Clean & soft without that shine look.

I added that 2 item to my mail order btw.

Comment

I wished I live in CA! There is no classes up here in Lonley PA. Looks like you had fun, beautiful cars!
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/stepinfetch

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');