• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need HELP! - How to avoid holograms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanat198
    TIM&MIKE
    I just tried #83 this morning. I still got the holograms. Got a pic for you. Is this a common result after #83?
    Yes, when viewed in bright light like the sun or artificial lights you will still see swirls, they should be very shallow, but they are still going to be there.

As Tim and I mentioned numerous times in this thread, after using the #83 DACP with a rotary you need to re-polish the area with a less aggressive cleaner/polish and a dual action polisher, (best option), and if this is not possible then a rotary buffer with a finishing pad.

I was unable to get #82 ( available in gallon only) but I used 3M III Machine glaze with non-filling. It worked quite ok for me. I used it with Black and Decker orbital polisher.
    I'm pretty sure if you look on the side panel of the 3M product you'll find it contains mineral oil.

Your end result is after you wipe off your wax, not after you compound a car, or use a cleaner/polish like the #83 DACP with a rotary buffer. You might be expecting too much from these products and the process.

Your point of origin, or reference must also be considered. If by using a rotary buffer you can effectively remove the deep swirls, scratches, oxidation, etching, (or whatever the defects are), and create a finish that is 99% of the way swirl-free, then the difference between the condition of the finish you started with and the condition of the finish you have created will be dramatic.

Final polishing with the dual action polisher and a fine polish like our #82 Swirl Free Polish or our #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, and even our #80 Speed Glaze, or a good quality polish or wax, (or both), will be enough to carry your results over the top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your photo is not showing up in your message because it's not in your gallery correctly.

Step-by-Step Picture-Posting HOW TO

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

***Bumpity Bump***
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Need HELP! - How to avoid holograms?

mike just wondering, having not used #83 yet, and not having a rotary, will it leave holograms/buff-marks when used with a DA or R.O (as i will be)? what im asking is, when using #83 with an R.O will it generally be necessary to follow with #80 and a lighter pad?

Comment

I'm not Mike, but here's what I've picked up from my short time here: With a PC or RO, holograms/buffing marks are non-existant. However, most people usually follow up #83 with #80 to achieve the best results. As for pads, I've read that using Meguiars polishing pads (8006) for #83 and #80 is fine (1 pad per product, don't forget)

Comment

thanks for that mate, unfortunately ive only got CCS pads (meg's 6inch/6.5inch pads are very hard to get over here, ive only found 8"). but then #83 is not available in Australia either so i might have to order some 8006s with the #83 and NXT 2.0 when it becomes available on autogeek (only US website that will ship internationally).

Comment

need something shipped? pm me...

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');