• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much paint am I removing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much paint am I removing?

Originally posted by Ashton View Post
    How much clear do you think would be removed using M03, Machine Glaze, about every couple of months?
    How are you applying this? Rotary Buffer? DA Polisher? Traditional Orbital Buffer? By Hand?

Regardless, you won't remove enough to measure if any assuming you're using a foam polishing or finishing pad. M03 is a non-abrasive polish rich in polishing oils.

I've been told that M03 is the least aggressive polish. My finish is in excellent condition; I just want to step up the look of the vehicle. Thanks.

Ashton
    It's completely non-aggressive. If you want a little cleaning power to prepare the finish for waxing then go with M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 which is a very non-aggressive cleaner/polish.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you, Mike, for the clarification. I'll be using my just acquired G110 DA Polisher with the yellow W8207 Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Polishing Pad. Here then is the detailing sequence I plan to follow:

1. Wash- Gold Class Car Wash
      2. Clay
      3. M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 (w/yellow pad)
      4. M07 Show Car Glaze (w/black W9207 Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Finishing Pad)
      5. M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (w/W9207 pad)

Sounds reasonable?

BTW, under what circumstances would I use M205, Ultra Finishing Polish, instead of M09 Swirl Remover 2.0, and is M205 more aggressive on the clear coat?

Regards,
      Ashton

Comment

Here then is the detailing sequence I plan to follow:

1. Wash- Gold Class Car Wash
        2. Clay
        3. M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 (w/yellow pad)
        4. M07 Show Car Glaze (w/black W9207 Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Finishing Pad)
        5. M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (w/W9207 pad)

Sounds reasonable?
        M09 is quite rich in polishing oils so after you machine polish with M09 there's really no great advantage to re-polish with M07 but you can if you want.

BTW, under what circumstances would I use M205, Ultra Finishing Polish, instead of M09 Swirl Remover 2.0, and is M205 more aggressive on the clear coat?
        Look at this scale,

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

M09 would be around the ScratchX 1.0 range and even a little less aggressive with all things being equal. Understand ScratchX is a paint cleaner and M09 is a cleaner/polish, while they both have the ability to abrade the paint they are quite different products.

M205 and M09 use different types of abrasives. With M09 you need to work the product long enough to completely break down all the diminishing abrasives, this is usually done in 4 to 6 good passes with a DA Polisher.

With M205, since the abrasives don't really break down you can stop any time during the buffing process so while it may be a tad more aggressive it's only going to abrade as you're working it and part of its aggressiveness is based upon how you work it, gently or aggressively. So you could use M205 gently and be in the same aggressive range as M09

These are both finishing polishes and to know which one you like best will usually require you to use both products first hand.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, thank you for the thoroughness of your response.

Regards,
          Ashton

Comment

Mike, thank you for the thoroughness of your response.

Regards,
            Ashton
            We aim to please...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

ok guys i have a doubt. What is the mechanism of action of clear coat safe rubbing compounds? does it remove my clear coat completely if used frequently?
              Mike Phillips My Guru

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');