• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much pressure do I have to put when I use swirl-x, deep crystal polish, and wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much pressure do I have to put when I use swirl-x, deep crystal polish, and wax?

When I apply them, do I have to push down really hard towards the surface like "ewwwww!!!"? as well as when I wipe them out?

or... apply to the surface softly and then wipe it really hard?
    or opposite?

or.. am I just a fool...?

Also, do I have to apply/wipe them with circular motion or back and forth?

Thanks guys

Re: how much pressure do I have to put when I use swirl-x, deep crystal polish, and w

Well, removing shouldnt be hard at all.

As for applying, the pure polish and wax is easiest to explain. It is more like a hand lotion, just rubbing firmly against the paint.

The paint cleaner is always toughest, because it can vary.

- If you are just looking to remove dirt, and clean things up, a paint cleaner can be applied gently like the above products.

- If you have swirls/defects to remove, the product is going to need worked in with some passion/effort. It might not be so bad, or it may be like trying to rock the car on its springs. All depends on the paint you are working on, and having the right product, etc.

A good reason for test spots too see what you are getting into, and you will also see it mentioned that removing a lot of defects by hand can take a few days, goign panel by panel, since it can be tiring.

The direction wont really matter, you can do whatever is most comfortable. Though if trying to rmeove defects like above, going back and forth can apply the most energy.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');