• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for two black cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for two black cars

I am new here, and have done some of my own detailing in the past. But now I am going to be doing two black cars ( 2010 Kia Soul and 2009 Dodge Charger). I have never done a black car before so I am looking for some product advise.

Am I right in thinking that I should try Swirl X 2.0 before trying UC?

My plan is the following:

Wash (Gold Class)
    Clay
    prep (swirl X 2.0 or UC)
    Polish (Deep crystal polish)
    Wax (2 coats of Deep crystal Wax)

and then I will maintain with QD and UQW.

I guess my next question is, will the deep crystal polish and wax give me a desirable finish on these black cars? I ask because that is what I have on hand. But if it will not work that well I will buy other products.

Re: Tips for two black cars

The plan you have laid out will work just fine. You can always try different products as you go along and get a feel for each car and it's paint. I have seen black cars done almost exactly as you have planned and they look great. Have fun!

Comment

The only real change would be possiblly upgrading from the DC wax.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online.

+1 what Mat (Murr1525) suggests: different protection product.

I would recommend either M26 High Tech Yellow Wax or Ultimate Wax.

Comment

I will go ahead and pick up some new wax then. I see a lot of debate on UW vs NXt 2.0. What do you guys feel is better for black?

Comment

You can't go wrong with either one. Both are very easy to use and look great. Whichever way you go, make sure to apply it very thin and let it dry completely.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');