• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

d151 paint reconditioning cream vs mg66 quick detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d151 paint reconditioning cream vs mg66 quick detailer

new to the forum, long long time detailer. lately i've been using mg66 quick detailer as a one step product with a da or rotary and a polish pad. Getting great results, just read some reviews of the paint reconditioning cream. I am under the impression it is a newer product and I was hoping members here could enlighten me on the differences in them and the durability of them.
    TIA

Re: d151 paint reconditioning cream vs mg66 quick detailer

I have both & I much prefer M66 over D151.

While D151 may have the advantage of having more cut, its hard to apply/remove & is way too thick and is just a pain to handle.

M66 is much easier to apply/remove & has a nice long smooth buffing cycle. Its great for clearing up light to moderate oxidation & light marring.

I have used gallons of M66 & I believe the old stuff is superior.

This is just my opinion though, others may favor D151.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

They are both great all in one products.

D151 offers more cut and it can also be used as a 2-step product: just switch to less aggressive buffing pad in step 2. Paint Reconditioning Cream is like M86 Cut & Polish Cream with protection (wax). It uses SMA Technology and some detailers used it with microfiber discs successfully.

Here are some pics after 1-step buffing using D151:

Maybe get a sample size first (ADS has it) to see if PRC meets your detailing needs.

Comment

thanks for the replies.

FWIW, Since getting the meg da mf compound and pad, if I have to 2 step something, there would have to be a real good reason for me not to use 300 and mf pad for step 1.

so far this combo is easy and works.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');