• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with J&B Tools sales for online shopping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with J&B Tools sales for online shopping?

I stumbled into J&B Tools Sales for online shopping for Megs products.
    Seem like they have a wide inventory and good prices.

I did not do a check out to see what shipping charges are, and need to hit $250 for the free shipping, but I see how a pro detailer stocking up could spend the higher amount.

JB Tools has the best prices on auto diagnostic tools, auto parts, air tools, power tools, hand tools, mechanic shop equipment, and adhesives for repairs.

Just curious if anyone has used them...

(No affiliation or promoting a site - really! just ran across this comparing local retail and ADS web pricing)

Re: Experience with J&B Tools sales for online shopping?

Looks like they have a very nice selection of products, but Rick at ADS still beats them on the prices that I checked.

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Never bought from either, all local so far.

I just plugged in a gallon of M205, and came up $66.88 vs $79.99 on ADS.

Comment

What about shipping? Rick offers free shipping(over $100), and always on my door within 3 days. If this place offers the same, then I say got for it! I'm sure a lot of us would like to know! I'm pretty loyal to Rick because he always has taken very good care of me over the last 5-8 years. But I also understand the value of a buck right now!

Nick
        2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
        2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

JbToolsales has also a store on Ebay.
          I bought from his ebay store several times and I can say everything was fine.

The main difference to the other on line stores like PAC, ADS, Detailing.com is the shipment costs. While he sends to me via USPS FIrst class, others only agree to ship via USPS Priority.

Please notice that I am from Brazil.

Comment

Never shipped my order!

I ordered an item 12-2020.
            My order status never changed from “awaiting fulfillment.”
            They did take my money.

After a week I emailed using their online “contact us.”
            They said they were out of stock & will ship soon.
            I later saw they again advertised as having many units in stock but, at a much higher price. I emailed again & they claimed they were still out of stock. Promised to ship when they got more in.

Over the almost 6 months, they kept raising the price & a few days ago they listed > 500 units in stock. I again emailed & asked for them to fulfill my long delayed order.

They canceled my order & refunded.

I suspect they prefer to sell at the much higher price rather than ship my order.
            This is an unscrupulous business practice.
            Buyer beware.

Comment

I haven't ordered any Meg product from this shop. I always get mine on another online store, I'm not sure if they are reputable or not.

Comment

I bought tools and product from them for an online store I tried in 2018.

Not a problem but I couldn't buy enough from them to get a good discount.

I think my wholesale price for a bottle of Ultimate Polish was $7.00.

That spring I saw UP at Wal-Mart for $5.00.

And so it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');