• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life Span of backing plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Span of backing plate

Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the lifespan of a meguiars backing plate for the G-100? Will it typically go through several pads? Also when putting the backing plate on the G-100, once the backing plate stopped on the spindle from hand turning I gave it an extra little tug, should this be sufficient to keeping the backing plate in place and will I need to check it or retighten it every so often?

Kevin

Its me again.

1. I was wondering what is the lifespan of a meguiars backing plate for the G-100? Almost one year and no problems.

2. Will it typically go through several pads? Not sure about the question. Like literally go through the pad not normally.

3. Also when putting the backing plate on the G-100, once the backing plate stopped on the spindle from hand turning I gave it an extra little tug, should this be sufficient to keeping the backing plate in place and will I need to check it or retighten it every so often? I have yet to tighten or snug up my backing plate after the initial installation.

Comment

Thanks Again Scrub!

What I meant about the second question is will it last long enough that I will probably wear out a few 8006 pads before I will the backing plate!

Comment

You should be able to wear out many many pads before you have to replace your backing plate. I have one plate that is probably 3 years old and has gone through a couple dozen pads.
        If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

My Meguiar's backing plate lasted about 5 car's worth of detailing.

The velcro won't hold a pad any longer. If I pick up the machine from the car, the pad will fall off. It does grip it good enough to work, I just have to be careful when lifting the machine from the car.

I need to buy another one but I'm afraid the next Meguiar's backing plate won't last any longer than the first.

It could be I just got a bad one so I'll probably buy one more and give it a try.

Comment

Hi:

Can not speak for Meguiar's.

Call customer service and they will help you. Apparently some plates have a problem holding the pad for some reason.

Regards,

KTruck
            Make it Shine

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');