• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with posting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with posting pics

would some mind explaining to me how to incert pictires in my thread. please keep in mind that I'm pretty computer ignorant when it comes to tech terms so keep the words simple. I really appericate the help!
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Hi 2000,

I have an easy to follow tutorial that I just haven't had time to upload. I promise I will have it uploaded tonight. This will be a sticky on the top of most forums.

Until then, if you PM me your phone number, I'll call you and walk you through it.

Or,

Upload your pictures to the Gallery. Click on the Gallery button at the top of any forum page. At the upper right hand side of the page is the text, Upload Photos, click on these words.

Then, a window will appear that lets you search your hard drive for your photo. Locate your photo by clicking on the Browse button.

Then, after finding and clicking on your photo, type in a name or description for it in the space below in this same window.

Then a little farther down the page there is a Upload/Submit button. Click on this. Your window will change to a new window showing your a thumbnail and giving you a chance to make any changes, if you don't want to make any changes, then hit the button, Process File

You have just uploaded a picture to the gallery. You will be looking at a blank screen however. Now, click on the words, My Gallery, in the upper left hand corner of that screen.

You should now see thumbnails of all your pictures. Click on a picture and it should bring up a full size picture.

Now Right Click **ON** the picture and you will bring up a options list. Click on Properties window. In this window you will see the fourth item listed as the Address URL, highlight the URL address, (to the right), and then right click on the highlighted section and select copy

Now, when you want to insert a picture into your post, paste this Address URL into the box that opens up when you click on the IMG button at the top section of where you type your message when posting.

And this will happen,

While typing up this message, I also uploaded the above image into the gallery and then followed my own instructions and inserted it into this message.

The tutorial I wrote contains screen shots of all the above information which will make it even easier to understand how-to upload pictures. It also covers, cropping and resizing because in reality, you the largest picture you want to upload is about 700 pixels wide. Any larger than that and you force your reader to horizontal scroll, not too mention it may take a long time for your pictures to appear because of their size.

Hope this helps... I'll try to upload the tutorial tonight.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

gosh! where do I start......thanks for the offer to help' I will try the way you posted first because if I can help it, I'll keep my computer handicap to myself
      If I still have problems ,than I'll take you up on a phone call..........do you ever sleep? I don't know who you do it all, but I'm gald you do! thanks!
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Mike,
        thank you for the help. I look forward to your tutorial leason. the fromat you listed above worked for me I just need to work on my sizing, but I learn beter when I stumble though it.

I'll safe the showing off pictures for when I master the postings

Last edited by 2000; Mar 31, 2004, 03:49 PM.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Mike - I don't have a digital camera. Would it be possible to use a 35mm (film) to upload pictures? If so, how - that is of course if you are familiar with the procedure. Thanks!

Foris
          "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

I'm sorry foris2,

The only way to upload 35mm pictures is to scan them first and then burn them to a CD or save them onto a floppy drive or your hard drive.

I have hundreds of photos of cars I have detailed over the years, all of which are waiting for me to scan them so that I can share them in my gallery.

There are some really good deals on some digital cameras now a days, If I were you, I would look at the one Superior Shine uses, just look at the photo's he takes, especially in this thread,

Bmw 745il Make-over

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              There are some really good deals on some digital cameras now a days, If I were you, I would look at the one Superior Shine uses, just look at the photo's he takes, especially in this thread,

Bmw 745il Make-over

Mike
              I agree, that is a great camera I have the same one. Its a kodak easyshare 3.1 megapixel. You can get some good deals now if you shop around a bit.
              If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                I'm sorry foris2,

The only way to upload 35mm pictures is to scan them first and then burn them to a CD or save them onto a floppy drive or your hard drive.

I have hundreds of photos of cars I have detailed over the years, all of which are waiting for me to scan them so that I can share them in my gallery.

Bmw 745il Make-over

Mike
                Thanks Mike, I was reading one of your post last night where you referenced some of Superior Shine's work, where he did such a marvelous job describing when he did step by step on a BMW I think it was. His work and photographs were simply awesome. I was going to PM him to see what type of digital he was using - and you just confirmed what I was going to do. By the way, your posts on this forum and others have been most helpful to me and I know I speak for others as well.

Foris
                "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

Originally posted by DETLMAN a.k.a. SqkyKln
                  I agree, that is a great camera I have the same one. Its a kodak easyshare 3.1 megapixel. You can get some good deals now if you shop around a bit.
                  Thanks DETLMAN a.k.a. SqkyKln, I was looking at your work as you were documenting the steps you used. Both you and Superior Shine are some awesome detailers and since both of you are using the Kodak easyshare 3.1 - I think that will be the one I look into buying. Thanks again for your input - I really appreciate it.

Foris
                  "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');