• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel cleaner and risk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel cleaner and risk.

Hi
    I'd like to know what kind of wheel cleaner I must use for my bike and big-scooter.
    Some year ago in a old scooter (who I sold) I used a wheel cleaner and after 15 second the paind/coat drop out
    I son't belived to my eyes so the whell become mat/opaque and not shine ...
    Now I'd like to use the Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner but, I want to know if this product it's safe for motorbike whell.

Best regards and I hope to receive some answer

Re: Wheel cleaner and risk.

I prefer P21S Gel or Griots Wheel Cleaner on my car wheels, and would offer the same for a bike. I like the safety of the products and lack of heavy acids in product. You will however need a brush and some agitation is required for best results.

Comment

The Aluminum Wheel Wash is the mildest Meguiars makes, and should be safe.

You could also get them cleaned up well and then use the Brake Dust Barrier. Regular soapy water is usually enough for a while after that.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is there a waterless method for cleaning wheels and tires for a motorcycle that is "safe" on aluminum and tire rubber without causing breakdown or deterioration? I don't really have access to a hose. Someone once told me to use bug cleaner on wheels and tires as a waterless method.

Comment

I don't know any waterless method but I use as less water for cleaning tires.

Comment

I have used Megs Ultimate Wash and Wax anywhere on my wheels with much success. For tires you could really use any APC reduced down, not at full strength.

Comment

Been using Acid free for a while but recently got the Acid diluted 50:50 it worked really well with no agitation needed. But more expensive than Acid-free but a good product.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
              It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man`s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.
              All the best, Yeriahr Diceus

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');