• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't get NXT pad cleaned out, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get NXT pad cleaned out, please help

I used a W-8006 pad on a PC to apply NXT to my truck. I did not let the pad sit by no means. Immediately I went to the wash tub downstairs and let the pad soaked overnight in laundry detergent and warm water. Since then I have been having trouble getting NXT out the pad. I drained the old water and refilled the tub with fresh warm water and a fresh dose of laundry detergent. I have rinsed the bejesus out of this pad, it's still soaking as we speak but it's still not fully cleaned out. Everytime I squeeze the pad to rinse out the excess water NXT still comes out in small globs. I did not use alot of of product at all. This is very frustrating for me and I don't want to buy a new pad just because NXT refuses to come out.

Before using NXT on my truck I applied #82 SFP and also with a W-8006 pad on a PC. This pad cleaned up perfectly and back in a ziplock bag high and dry.

Please help, this is really agrivating for me,,,,,deadman98

I've had good success with soaking my pads in warm water and dawn dishwashing detergent over night. Maybe try that versus the laundry detergent.
    LL

Comment

Hey doubleL,

I always thought that laudry detergent was more powerful at cutting grease, then again Dawn isn't no slouch either! I've been pondering whether or not the Dawn will clean them better. I'll give it a shot and report back the verdict. Thanks,,,,,deadman98

Comment

I have not tried NXT yet (mine will be here Friday with a new PC) I have had luck getting Gold Class out of the Meguiar's foam hand pads with Dish detergent.

Comment

I use dawn as well. It will strip wax off your car why not out of a pad?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
            I use dawn as well. It will strip wax off your car why not out of a pad?
            That's a good question. Dawn and me spinning the pad on the PC when I dried it off did help to get some more out, though some of it still remains in there, I have no clue why it refuses to come out.

I have another pad that is well,,,,,,,,,,um,,,,,ruined with DACP because I let it set overnight before I cleaned it so now that is stuff is pretty much in there for eternity. Maybe just some products clean up better than others who knows---deadman98

Comment

I use Murpheys Oil Soap for all my pads and it seems to work well. The #16 and NXT are do require a bit more work though.
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"
              2013 Camaro ... triple black
              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by deadman98
                I have another pad that is well,,,,,,,,,,um,,,,,ruined with DACP because I let it set overnight before I cleaned it so now that is stuff is pretty much in there for eternity. Maybe just some products clean up better than others who knows---deadman98
                Actually I doubt it is ruined, Meguiar's actually does not recommend cleaning your pads, though a lot of us do.

In the video that accompanyed the Meguiars PC, Barry shows you that cleaning the pads is limited to allowing them to dry, then beating out the excess, then putting back into open plastic bag.

Also have a look at this thread

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...=&threadid=159

Comment

Originally posted by Don
                  I use Murpheys Oil Soap for all my pads and it seems to work well. The #16 and NXT are do require a bit more work though.
                  That's what I do as well Don. Meguiar's recommends simply letting them dry and 'beating' them out to remove the excess dried product however, from a personal opinion standpoint, I found the Murphy's Oil Soap to rinse clean, remove the excess product held up within the foam, and to provide a 'like new' surface when I'm ready to go at it again.

The main thing is to make sure that the pad is fully rinsed. As with just about any chemical on the face of the earth, when you mix two things, you get a third thing. Hence, the importance for a TOTAL rinse.

RP
                  -The Final Detail-
                  Lagrange, Kentucky
                  thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                  CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

APC+ seems to dissolve NXT or #9 or anything else I have tried. I just soak for a few minutes in a 9:1 solution and then rinse.

Comment

So just using one pad always for the same wax is good right?

And what if i cant get the wax out 100%? Coz i didnt get all of it out today methinks.. i can still use it again tho right??
                      -Cosmos Mtec 325i-

Comment

Originally posted by Dnz
                        So just using one pad always for the same wax is good right?

And what if i cant get the wax out 100%? Coz i didnt get all of it out today methinks.. i can still use it again tho right??
                        I think so. I do this when I know I am not going to use another wax. I store them wet in a zip lock bag. When I am going to use another wax I wash with Murphy's Oil Soap. I am sure I haven't gotten 100% of the product out and everyting has turned out fine.

Comment

I have used the nxt pad a few times,i never clean them.After use i put them back in the bag and when i reuse them i just slap it a few times and reuse.Never had any problems

Comment

I use an APC, or Lysol, or Mr Clean. Never had a problem, incuding no problem with the backing coming off the pad.

Tom
                            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

For my pads for my machine I let the product dry after running in over a terry towel to remove excess product then when I need to use it I scrunch it up and hit it a few times against my hand before adding it to the machine, spray a little quick detailer on it and the add the product that I am about to use.

The Quick detailer helps soften the old product and allows the new product time to cover the pads surface. I don't know if this is recomened or would stop the product from working properly (would appreciate a pro detailers opinion) but so far it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');