• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noobie experience with detailing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noobie experience with detailing...

I read all that I could on the subject, and 3 weeks ago I clayed and waxed my car. The wax I used was nxt2.0, and I waited till the wax was dry (finger test) before wiping off the excess. The clay did wonders, removed rail dust and made the surface smooth as glass. After I waxed, it was so smooth and slippery to the touch. However, I was disappointed when I pressure washed my car (no soap, just water) a week later to get pollen off, and felt that the surface was no longer slippery. Does this wax come off easily by pressure washing? I assumed that the water would be merely deflected by the wax... kinda disappointed.

So today, I waxed my car again. This time, no clay because I only did it 3 weeks ago. However, this time the surface isn't as slippery as the first time I used nxt. What did I do wrong here?? I waited for the wax to dry before wiping like I was supposed to..

I was thinking about spraying some ultimate quik wax tomorrow, but I was wondering if there's any cleaning properties in UQW that would remove nxt...instead of adding another layer on.

Thx for the feed back guys.

Re: noobie experience with detailing...

you will loose that initial slickness after your first wash PERIOD.
    using a product like Ultimate Quick Wax will give you some of that back though.
    Never fear your paint is still protected but if your looking for the ultimate shine and slickness get used to waxing once a month.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');