• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed Dial on G-100 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Dial on G-100 question

Is it just me or can anyone else tell zero change between 1 and 2 on the dial. I can hear and see the pad speed up from 2 to 3 3 to 4 4 to 5 and really tell 5 to 6 even though I know that is kinda the no no zone. I was just wondering of anyone else has noticed this? Between 1 and 2 I cant tell a thing although I dont know what I would ever use that speed for anyways.

Kevin

Never had my machine set that low while it was energized.

Comment

Hey scrub!

Yeah I dont figure to ever use it that low but I was playing with it a bit since I cant use it yet because the dealer is having to repaint my hood again, this time I made them do the entire thing. They did a crappy job on the first attempt. I just did not know if anyone had ever noticed it or not. You can for sure tell when you go from 5 to 6!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the hood again.

Yep when I went from 5-6 the machine jumped around in my hands like a large mouth bass.

Comment

I don't notice any difference between 1 and 2 either. I never use it at these speeds so it's not really a concern. It could be the polisher has more power under load conditions at the 2 setting versus the 1 setting, but since there isn't really any use for these settings it's kind of a non-issue.

Maybe it applies more for wood-working which is where this tool was originally borrowed from. (The wood finishing industry).

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use mine on 3 to apply and spread out, then 5 to work in polish.

Personally, I don't use mine on speed 6 (huge difference between 5 and 6, agreed), but having said that, the vibration IMO is not that bad and not at all like some people have described in the past, which was one of the things that put me off buying a PC in the first place.

I for one was surprised at how easy it was to use in terms of vibration and handling.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');