• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini Coopers at Meguiar's NXT Garage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

Big thanks to Meguiar's Mike & Mike and SCMM Richard aka OctaneGuy for organizing back to back great event
    I really like NXT products especially WAX and Hot Shine Tire Spray.
    Also many thanks to Brian & Amanda team for hands on help
    03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

Thanks Cafemoc! But I don't deserve all the credit.

Lets not forget SqkyClean (Brian) cause he also made this event happen and if it weren't for him none of us would have been there!!!

Richard Lin
      ShowCarDetailing
      5548 E. La Palma Ave
      Anaheim, CA 92807
      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

My MINI shines with NXT !!!

Thanks to the two Mikes at Meguiars. Lynsey and I had a great time although I was caught skipping class!
        We can't wait to use our new Meguiars detailing machine....don't know what it's called but like what it does.
        It was great to see old and new friends there.
        Ours MINIs will be shiny and ready for Vegas.
        Thanks again.
        Nancy, Temecula

Comment

A Great Big Thank You!!

Hey Richard, Mike Pennington, Mike Phillips, and Brian, a great big THANK YOU for setting this event up! Some of us had been at the last event and used the NXT wax on our cars; it only made us want to come back and do it again! This stuff ROCKS! I also learned a lot and got to feel a little more confident when using the orbital buffer.

Also a great big thanks to Lowell and George, and others who helped me get my car done quickly. This is a terrific group of people and I'm very glad to know all of you!

Thanks again - my car looks terrific and will for weeks!

Jenn and Peanut

Comment

Hey, Mikey (Pennington) & Mike Phillips!!! Thanks SO much for the awesome Meguiar's Clinic for our MINIs!

It was "Wicked Wanda," my all-Jet Black MINI Cooper S, that Mike used for the demo today. Many thanks to Mike, Ray, Tod, Toshi and George for helping to make Wanda even more beautiful than she was when I took delivery of her April 4, 2003.

I just wanted to let y'all know that I encountered rain several times in my travels tonight after the clinic, and the sheeting action, made possible by the great Meguiar's products, left NO spots on Wanda! YAY!!!!

Can't wait to get the products I ordered! :p
            Cheers!
            Clover
            c3 co-founder

Comment

Great pictures Mike!....I noticed that you taped off some empty spaces (Or at least it looks like it), on the MC's...Is that necessary when using a DA Polisher?
              r. b.

Comment

man what a cool event.I wish something like this was going on in G.A. hint hint
                2001 ws6 Trans am
                (Blackbird edition #19)
                433rwhp
                409rwt

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                  Great pictures Mike!....I noticed that you taped off some empty spaces (Or at least it looks like it), on the MC's...Is that necessary when using a DA Polisher?
                  RB,

Most of the taping that you saw was to protect pieces of plastic trim. There are air vents with a plastic grille just below the windshield wiper on the MINI. There are plastic covered windshield cleaner jets in the the hood. There's black plastic trim around the sunroof and the roof of the car. There is also a continuous black plastic trim that goes around the fender openings, along the sides and across the front and rear of the car. Whether using a DA, or applying by hand, you don't want to splatter wax on any of these parts.

I had a great time yesterday, and I learned a lot about the NXT products that will be hitting the retail market soon. Good stuff is coming folks. Thanks to both Mike P.'s, Brian & Richard for setting up this fun & informative event.

Jimskater
                  Last edited by jimskater; Jan 25, 2004, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jim....
                    r. b.

Comment

NXT MINI Event

Thank you so very much to Both Mikes! Great event,thanks for teaching us even more than last time, and for feeding us too!

Comment

NXT Car Wash

I tried the NXT Car Wash today, and per Mike's instructions, followed the label directions being careful to use the correct amount of soap to water ratio.

First impression, great suds and they lasted the entire wash.

Then I rinsed the car using just a hose with no pressure and let the water sheet off. This made drying a breeze. The only bad thing about rinsing this way is that it uses a lot more water and requires a bit more work to capture the run off before it gets into the storm drain.

The car dried very easily without any streaking whatsoever. Even the glass looked great.

I've been using Mothers car wash for years, but not any longer.

Hey Mike, I just though of a product that I'd like to see made. How about a container of car wash that automatically measures out one-ounce portions when you squeeze the bottle?

George =)
                        -westcoaster

Comment

Car Wash Liquid

I am using (older) Meguiar's Car Wash bottle, have 1/2 left, and wondering if I can still use it to wash, then apply NXT WAX?

Tire Spray warks very well, I have drove penninsula drive for an hour, but don't seem to attract much dust at all. Tires look great with deep black color, and don't have sticky surface at all.

-- Toshi
                          03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

Re: NXT Car Wash

Originally posted by westcoaster
                            Hey Mike, I just though of a product that I'd like to see made. How about a container of car wash that automatically measures out one-ounce portions when you squeeze the bottle?

George =)
                            -westcoaster

I think that's a great idea, George! Very cool!
                            Cheers!
                            Clover
                            c3 co-founder

Comment

Re: NXT Car Wash

Originally posted by westcoaster
                              Then I rinsed the car using just a hose with no pressure and let the water sheet off. This made drying a breeze. The only bad thing about rinsing this way is that it uses a lot more water and requires a bit more work to capture the run off before it gets into the storm drain.

George =)
                              -westcoaster
                              Is it against the law in California to to let car wash runoff go into the storm drain?!
                              r. b.

Comment

actually its a federal law that nothing but rain/storm water can run into the storm drain or into the street. Now its not enforced in a lot of places but more and more are starting to enforce it.
                                If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');