• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl marks

Hey Guys
    Hope I'm posting in the right area. I just had a quick question. I bought a new Ford Raptor about 6 months ago. I'm very meticulous when it comes to how clean my truck is. After washing it the other day and the sun hit the side of the truck you can see swirl marks starting to appear. Is there anyway to prevent this from getting any worst? I've waxed the truck twice. Does swirling happen from washing? Or does it happen from drying with a microfibre cloth...

if anyone could provide me with any insight it would be awesome.

Thanks

Ryan

Re: Swirl marks

Welcome to MOL, Ryan.

To prevent swirls hand wash your vehicle using two-bucket method (grit guards help as well) with good quality car wash and wash mitt, use Meguiar's Water Magnet to dry your vehicle.

If you already have swirls you need to remove them with a paint cleaner or a cleaner polish, like SwirlX or Ultimate Compound.

Wax your car regularly with finishing pad/ soft foam applicator.

Comment

Re: Swirl marks

Swirls can come from all kinds of things... Generally it would be from washng/drying/applying & removing products with some mitts/towels/applicators that arent as soft and gentle as possible.

But could also be from dragging too much dirt around when washing (not having clean water, not enough soap, covering too big of an area), and even some that are already there from the dealer screwing things up.

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');