• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can PC cause Holograms?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can PC cause Holograms?!

Last week, I detailed my car with PC using #83/#81 and NXT.
    It was awesome after did it. A few days later, I noticed very light holograms in several areas. Did I miss something?

I think it's possible if you use the red pad. However, the possibility of causing holograms using the red pad with the PC is very remote unless you're tilting the pad over a flat surface. At least in my experience.
    I wash and wash my car until the whole thing disappeared!

Comment

It's just a Meg's polishing pad. The holograms are very light. I have use a total of 5 pads on my car ( 3 doors) Still get holograms.

Comment

Hey,

It is highly unlikely that #83 when used with a PC would cause holograms as the buffer and product just does not create the needed friction to induce holograms. (ie. the combination is just not aggressive enough)

I have a feeling that some grid got under the pad when buffing. Are you buffing outside or in a garage?

The other suggestion is that you are not working the product long enough or working it too long. Work the product until it becomes a light residue/dust then remove. Do not dry buff. Also, do your buffing in the shade.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Tim
          Thanks for coming to the rescue as usual. As I mentioned, the holograms are very light.. I didn't see it right away when I detailed. But I saw it a few days later..strange huh?
          I'll do it again tomorrow.
          thanks again

Comment

I in fact found the opposite, this was my hood before using the PC, you will note light marring and holograms.
            Attached Files
            If you can guess how many coins are in my pocket I will give you both ;-)

Comment

This is the same hood after using a megs polishing pad and #80 speed glaze
              Attached Files
              If you can guess how many coins are in my pocket I will give you both ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');