• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealership stained my paint!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership stained my paint!!

Hey everyone. I just gave my new car its first wash and would not believe what I noticed. I have a jeep wrangler and they have that spare tire attached to the back of the car. Well, they sprayed "tire shine" on it and it must of ran off on to the silver paint part of the car. IT STAINED!! Im going to bring it back to them to buff or polish it out. But anyone know what I can do on my end to buff it out before they do more damage with the rookie kids they have working for them.

Re: Dealership stained my paint!!

Did you try anyting yet?

A paint cleaner should do it easily, like SwirlX or similar.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

nothing yet..just saw this..so decided to post on the forum asking what to use and how to use it, so I dont screw it up.

Comment

I would rather screw up my car myself, then have someone else screw it up

The tire shine should come off. Try something mild first, then work your way up in aggression. Maybe try some cleaner wax. Cleaner wax is pretty mild.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');