• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does correct dilution ratio really matter on car wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does correct dilution ratio really matter on car wash?

Hey guys, i recently did some reading through the fourms and stuff here and came across something interesting. People talking really seriously about correct car wash dilution ratio. Im extremely curious why this matters.. im actually getting ready to wash now but decided to look this up first.

Im not going to lie i usually put a huge amount of wash in my bucket with the "more is better" theory, like more wash will help to make sure the soap is super slick and less chance of scratching.

So whats the deal? Does it really atter if i use a large amount of wash??

Thanks for your time!!

Re: Does correct dilution ratio really matter on car wash?

If the directions call for 1 ounce of product per bucket, and you use 2 ounces, you've just wasted 1 ounce of product.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Bye View Post
      If the directions call for 1 ounce of product per bucket, and you use 2 ounces, you've just wasted 1 ounce of product.
      more like i use a portion of the bottle every wash.. lol im sure meguiars loves me for that. So that small of amount will do just as good as the large amount i usually use?

Comment

Well, going too strong can cause two things:

1. The soap is stronger than intended, so will wear away the wax more quickly.

2. Can lead to the car being harder to rinse clean, with some soap residue left behind.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx131 View Post

more like i use a portion of the bottle every wash.. lol im sure meguiars loves me for that.

That sounds a bit excessive.

Originally posted by Lynx131 View Post

So that small of amount will do just as good as the large amount i usually use?

Yup.

Like Murr said, it may be harder to rinse clean, and leave residue behind.

Comment

I used to use the glug glug method.....yea, more is better I thought.....well I have since started using the standard 1oz/ per gallon method....my jug of wash lasted way longer.
            My cars still looked great....my Megs MF mitt was easier to rinse off.
            And yea....stronger dilutions will likely strip a bit wax off
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Excellent, thank you for the info guys. Im going to go wash the car with the correct dilution and see how it goes, ill come back and let you guys know how it did. Also trying ultimate wash n wax for the first time since it was one sale!

Comment

UWW is awesome.....I think once you clayed & waxed....washing with UWW is a dream.....this is my fav...next to GC wash
                "STRIFE" aka Phil
                2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                  UWW is awesome.....I think once you clayed & waxed....washing with UWW is a dream.....this is my fav...next to GC wash
                  Same here, gold glass was my staple, we will see how this matches up!

Comment

I used to use the glug glug method as well. But I got a set of 3 one ounce measuring cups from Autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/1oz-measuring-cups.html) for $1 so now I measure appropriately for each wash. I swear it helps my LSP last longer as well, and isn't so wasteful.
                    Shane
                    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Ok so just washed with the correct dilution. I noticed no difference.. Soap was smooth.. Suds were there.. Car cleaned up nicely.. Looks like my 8$ for three wash days are over! Thanks again for all the info, Wash and wax car was was awesome as well! Also has a very pleasant smell as your washing!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');