• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 causing marring by hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 causing marring by hand?

I used some 80 today on just a corner of the hood using a Gold Class applicator (new) and I seemed to cause some marring. It kind of surprised me since 80 can be used on fresh paint. I was going to put the G-100 on it but after that was afraid to . I havent used it yet and didnt want my first try to be on the hood of a freshly painted hood. I am going to use it tomorrow on my fiance's 02 Honda Civic. Figured I would learn on her car! Should I be afraid to use the G-100 with the 80 on the hood or should I wait a few days. I couldnt do it today because the wind was blowing about 30 and constantly blowing particles onto the paint.
    Also can you think why the 80 would cause some swirls. Beats me
    I do know that the brand of paint that they used was called Sikkens I think.

Kevin

The trick with #80 is to remove it while it is still a little wet, you do not want to work this product to the point that it dries and starts to dust. If you work it in 2x2 foot sections with a pc and remove while it is still slightly wet, you will have better results.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');