• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished Wheels with Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished Wheels with Wax

I just got a set of Mickey Thompson offroad Classic ll's. I was wondering if I could lay down some NXT to keep it clean. I have hard water at my place.

-joel

Go for it, the NXT will definitely help keep brake dust and other contaminants from bonding to the wheel's surface. The nice part about NXT is it is a synthetic sealant and won't dissapate like a traditional orgainic wax.

Comment

Using a wax on your wheels is a superb idea. I have been doing it this winter, and it is definitely a lifesaver! My wheels are well-protected against all of the salt and sand on the roads. In addition to the protection, clean-up is much easier and the dirt washes off with little effort!
      Jeff

Comment

Good gravy...i really [edited for language: 2hotford] love this stuff!! I'm gonna lay down a few layers of this ...and once the weather clears ill post up some pix

Comment

Hey,

Using a polymer or synthetic sealant is an excellent way to protect your wheels. I have been doing this for years and have never had a problem; the wheels always look great even after a long, tough winter!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

My bronze wheels are not clear coated and matte finished. If I apply a layer of wax, be it NXT Tech Wax or any other wax, it'll become whitish. Guess I can only do occasional wash to maintain the condition. Or perhaps application of Final Inspection will help?
            zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Zey-you could try a (non-Megs) product named ZoopSeal, it’s a polymer sealant applied after you’ve cleaned /polished non-clear coated wheel surfaces, its durability is about 6-8 months, dependant upon environmental conditions.
              JohM

PS: I like the GB sticker on your vehicle (are you from England?)
              ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

TOGWT, thanks alot for your recommendation, I will search for this product.

PS: Thanks for the compliment! (I'm from Malaysia, used to be in Central London)
                zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by TOGWT
                  Zey-you could try a (non-Megs) product named ZoopSeal, it’s a polymer sealant applied after you’ve cleaned /polished non-clear coated wheel surfaces, its durability is about 6-8 months, dependant upon environmental conditions.
                  JohM
                  What color does Zoop Seal dry to?

If it dries white, it may not work either.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    What color does Zoop Seal dry to?

If it dries white, it may not work either.
                    Mike,

It dries/cures to a clear coating (if applied correctly). It's actually pretty good stuff........... but expensive and a bit trickly to use. If I remember correctly, it doesn't work on all types of wheels......... I could be wrong though.
                    Boss_429

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');