• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax marks after rain ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax marks after rain ???

I detailed my car last weekend today it rained heavy but only on my 15 min drive home from work and once I got home I put the car in the garage now I checked it too see if it was dry and it is but on some spots on the hood there are what looks like wax bubbles or dried wax drops why and what is this ?

Re: Wax marks after rain ???

Probbably the outline of dust/pollen from the dried water spots. But could try a pic.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

heres a pic

Comment

Comment

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/pho...hp/photo/47940 dont know whycopy and paste didnt work

Comment

i don't think it's because of wax IMHO...sincei have tried all meg wax, and it never encountered that kind not things...
            except maybe you put on wax too thick, or there is still some residu left when you remove the wax

maybe it's just because of the rain and some unknown contamination from street ?

i think washing your car or even the use of Quick detailer will remove it...
            Proud to be part of Meguiars Family

Comment

Hit that spot with a clay bar and see if it goes away, if not there could be something more such as failing of the clear coat. Also to mention is if you have some swirlx or Ult Compound. With a towel, hit the spot to make sure its nothing like a hard water stain.

Question, any texture to that spot??

Comment

It's not that bad when I touch them they just pop so if I use qd or even just a microfiber that's damp they should go away

Comment

it turned out to be just water drop marks should come off next wash or next time it rains or the car gets wet

Comment

it looks like a good excuse to buy a new da polisher to me

Comment

Yep lol

Comment

[IMG]file:///G:/dcim/Camera/2011-06-03%2011.20.12.jpg[/IMG]

yeah this is what my car hood looks like after rain, i park near to a tree though

but this was right after i waxed it yesterday!

Comment

yeah its just rain drops that dryed up on the wax im guessing becuase it rained again and they went away kinda off the old ones got wet and left new ones showed up lol

Comment

it might have to do with pollen and dust or fallout from trees

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');