• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used G-100 for the first time today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used G-100 for the first time today

And all I can say is where has this thing been all my life!!! I applied NXT to an entire Honda Civic in maybe 20 minutes. At one point my finishing pad got real saturated with NXT so I just kept spreading it over the surface. I was surprised at how much further the NXT spread on the surface than either the 80 or 83 did. 83 takes some getting used to as it seemed to dry quick with me. Seemed that after I made my north and south passes and came back to the top with the east and west it was ready to remove. The 80 was much easier to apply and remove and seemed to go a little further. My only screw ups of my 1st time were I think I might have put an X of 83 on my 80 pad one time although I am not sure. When I was finished I sprayed my pads with some final inspection and then put a towel in my hand and set the machine to 5 until it soaked up all the wetness of the final inspection. I them let the sides spin against the towel to get the caked on stuff off. This seemed to get them pretty clean. My other BIG screw up was my side handle started to come uncrewed one time and when it did like an idot I lifted the machine with it still on and had just applied my X of product. Needless to say it was an M-80 shower. Looked like it just snowed on the vehicle. 30 minutes and half a bottle of Final Inspection later we were back in business. I wont ever do that again even by accident!! When I was done I wiped down my G-100 too as it had an array of products. It was a learning experience. It was on my fiances car so I figured I would learn on her's before going to mine.

Kevin

Sounds like you had a good first experience. Now you just have to apply what you learned today to your hood.

Comment

Way to step up. I was hesitant about using the pc... Well not hesitant maybe not willing to spend the cash! It has paid for itself in less than a year. I love waxing with the pc. I like to remove the wax with the pc even better. The pc seems to give NXT a real POP.

By the way where's the pics??

C-ya on the boards.

Comment

I should have taken some pics but I didnt With the before and after results though I should have. I removed almost all the swirls. The only thing I had a problem with was some water spots that even 3 coats of 83 in one section of her hood would not remove. I followed a few applications of 83 with 80 and then topped it with 2 coats of NXT and evened everything out with some Final Inspection.

Comment

Is it me or is the PC loud? But I was trying it on a side mirror that was ripped of the Camry by my wife and the spare tire mounted on the hatch of a Bronco but that's another story.

It was loud even at only 2.
          1995 Camry LE- Forest Green Pearl/Ivory Cloth
          2004 Sienna XLE Limited- Blue Mirage Metallic/Stone Leather

Comment

It's a little loud, but no where near as loud as a rotary. Sometimes it's the surface you war working on that is vibrating that makes it seem loud.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');