• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Crystal Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Crystal Wax

Guys I've just purchased the good ol Deep Crystal Wax.
    I think its a great product for the price. It is more durable than the NXT in my hot tropical climate.

I understand that it is a pure wax without cleaners, but somehow my pads are turning black after half the car. Am I doing something incorrect? Prior to waxing, I washed the car, clayed the car, and waxed it. I think my surface isnt clean enough? must I apply the cleaner wax before applying the DC wax?

Re: Deep Crystal Wax

What color is the car? Single Stage or Clear Coat?

And yes, may still be dirty. Clay only removes things on the surface. Dirt can also be down in the pores/imperfections.

So you can do a cleaner/wax like Cleaner/Wax or ColorX first. Or a cleaner type product like Deep Crystal Cleaner, SwirlX, or Ult. Polish.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It is light brown with clear coat.
      The odd thing is I only waxed it 4 weeks ago and had a coat of DC polish.
      Maybe the area my car is at is also very polluted. its smack in the middle of an industrial zone and an airport is just behind me.

does the DC wax has some very light cleaner?

Comment

Nope, its a pure wax. No cleaners or polishes whatsoever. It could be that you car may still be just a bit dirty, not enough to cause any scratches bet enough to discolor the wax pad. Even if there are no cleaners in the wax, the friction between the applicators/wax/paint is enough to lift or "clean" your paint. Pollution, yes it can be caused by pollution.. even if the car looks very clean, very small amounts of contaminants will be lifted from the paint by waxing. On your next "session" try using a clay bar and paint cleaner prior to polish and wax.. Your pad should look clean even after waxing.

DC wax lasts longer than NXT 2.0 in your place? DC wax is more entry level wax, NXT 2.0 is supposed to be megs longest lasting wax. I've used DC3 before, the shine it gives is definitely not entry level.

Comment

Will definitely try that out, and then will 'seal' it with a DC polish again and then a final wax.

Yeah im surprised too. maybe its because my NXT is the 1st generation one and not the 2.0. NXT generally loose its beading ability by the 3rd week. So since this DC wax is quite cheap, so i just gave it a shot.

Yeap i agree that the depth and gloss is really far more expensive than the product.

Comment

If you go with the Cleaner/Wax, just wax after.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');