• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT over Gold Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT over Gold Class

I'm new to this forum but not new to Meguiars! I've been reading here and other forums about the good things NXT does for your vehicles. NXT doesn't seem to be officially available in Canada yet but I've managed to harass the Canadian distributor into shipping me some and I hope to get it by this weekend.

I recently clayed, polished (Deep Crystal) and waxed (Gold Class) and intend to apply 2 coats of NXT over top. My search of previous posts seems to indicate this is ok and stripping the Gold Class isn't necessary. The posts were a few months ago and I'm wondering if anyone had any negative experiences doing it this way since? Will I notice the NXT or would it make sense to wait until the Gold Class wears off naturally and then apply the NXT?

I have topped GC with NXT with great results.

I think Mosca has as well.

I say go for it!

Comment

Re: NXT over Gold Class

Originally posted by Spotty-Dog
      I'm new to this forum but not new to Meguiars! I've been reading here and other forums about the good things NXT does for your vehicles. NXT doesn't seem to be officially available in Canada yet but I've managed to harass the Canadian distributor into shipping me some and I hope to get it by this weekend.

I recently clayed, polished (Deep Crystal) and waxed (Gold Class) and intend to apply 2 coats of NXT over top. My search of previous posts seems to indicate this is ok and stripping the Gold Class isn't necessary. The posts were a few months ago and I'm wondering if anyone had any negative experiences doing it this way since? Will I notice the NXT or would it make sense to wait until the Gold Class wears off naturally and then apply the NXT?

Hi Spotty-Dog,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

As long as the car is clean, (either washed, or quick detail it), you can go ahead and apply the Tech Wax over the Gold Class.

The Gold Class is a a polish/wax which means there are polishing oils in the Gold Class that help to create the deep, dark reflections Gold Class is famous for. Applying Tech Wax over the Gold Class will only build on the results you have previously achieved with your previous detailing work.

Apply two thin coats, allow each coat to dry for 10-15 minutes and then remove with a microfiber and inspect. The results should look awesome.

Then, post some pictures of the results back here.

Also, here's a link in the Customer Service Hot Line forum for contact information for Meguiar's Canada.

Meguiar's product availability in Canada

Again, welcome to Meguiar's Online...

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, it was Greg Morton who offered to send me the NXT (he's even sending it prepaid UPS

In the meantime, I have a separate issue but in the interest of clarity, I will start a separate thread.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');