• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Clay & Overspray Clay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Clay & Overspray Clay?

What's the difference between the two? Does one work better than the other? Is one abrasive and the other non-abrasive? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Quick Clay & Overspray Clay?

Originally posted by DSGMach
    What's the difference between the two? Does one work better than the other? Is one abrasive and the other non-abrasive? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    All detailing clay contains an abrasive that enables it to basically sand off the aboves surface contaminants while the polymer clay grabs and traps the removed particles into itself.

Meguiar's offers three clay bars, each offering it's own level of aggressiveness. The Quik Clay System, and the Mild Clay in our Professional line are completely safe for use by consumers and serious enthusiasts. The aggressive clay should only be used by professionals.

Quik Clay System

Professional Detailing Clay

As a side note, the Quik Clay System is more than aggressive enough for most jobs. Below is a picture of a truck that had white enamel paint overspray over the entire vehicle; we taped off one half and clayed the other half using the clay found in our Quik Clay System.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have a clay called "OVERSPRAY CLAY" and it says it's professional. The bar is white. How abressive is that clay?
      I have used it once and it didn't do any harm as far as i could see, it did a great job IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2
        I have a clay called "OVERSPRAY CLAY" and it says it's professional. The bar is white. How abrasive is that clay?
        I have used it once and it didn't do any harm as far as i could see, it did a great job IMO.
        Hi Mark,

That's a previous clay we offered, it's perfectly safe to use and equivalent to the new mild clay in our Detailer Line.

It's possible that this older clay is still moving through the pipeline in different parts of the country/world.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');