• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Safe D-Greaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Safe D-Greaser

I now Meguiars Safe D-Greaser is safe if accidently sprayed onto paintwork whilst cleaning tyres or wheel wells, but can it be used as a tar/sap remover on isolated areas?

Secondly what is the reccomended dilution ratio?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Meguiar's Sage D-Greaser

Originally posted by k80
    I now Meguiar's Safe D-Greaser is safe if accidentally sprayed onto paintwork whilst cleaning tyres or wheel wells, but can it be used as a tar/sap remover on isolated areas?

Secondly what is the recommended dilution ratio?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi k80

In the Professional Line forum, there is a thread Meguiar's New Detailer Line, which lists all of the products in the Detailer Line and their dilution levels.

While Safe-D-Greaser is formulated to be reduce the potential for staining exterior surfaces such as painted panels, a good safety precaution is to either wet these areas down with soapy water and keep them wet while using this product or tape-off these areas with plastic.

Today's vehicles utilize a variety of specialized materials, which is why Meguiar's Safe D-Greaser has been specially formulated to reduce the possibility of staining exterior surfaces. Designed to quickly break down grease and grime on engines, tries and fender wells, Safe D-Greaser is ideally suited for today's fast paces, high volume shops.

D-10501 1 gallon
    D-10505 5 gallon
    D-10555 55 gallon

Dewaxing 20:1
    Medium Duty Degreasing 10:1
    Heavy Duty Degreasing 4:1

Recommended replacement for regular All Purpose Cleaner and Citri-Gel Multi Cleaner.

You can try using it for removing sap and tar, but offer a dedicated product for that job duty. Be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Mike.

You mention Safe D-Greaser reduces the potential staining of exterior surfaces. If the paintwork was going to be polished out anyway would this be a problem and what other damage could Safe D-Greaser do?

What would you use for tar/sap removal Body Solvent?
      Last edited by k80; Mar 7, 2005, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by k80
        Thanks for the quick reply Mike.

You mention Safe D-Greaser reduces the potential staining of exterior surfaces. If the paintwork was going to be polished out anyway would this be a problem and what other damage could Safe D-Greaser do?
        Personally, I wouldn't create any more work than necessary, as far as the results go it would be a case-by-case situation depending on the paint on the car. Best thing to do is just try to avoid getting any degreaser on painted panels.

What would you use for tar/sap removal, Body Solvent?
        Yes.

Body Solvent

Meguiar's Body Solvent changes the traditional method of removing tar, road grime, gum and other petroleum based substances. Instead of applying and scrubbing, its VOC compliant formula can now be sprayed on the surface, allowed to soak, penetrate and break down the contaminant, then wiped clean with ease.

D-13001 1 gallon
        D-13005 5 gallon

Ready to Use
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks again Mike

I'll be onto Meguiars UK in the Morning for:

Safe D-Greaser
          Body Solvent
          Hyper Dressing

Comment

Hey,

Just to add...

I really like using the Safe D-Greaser but at a 7:1 dilution ratio. However, for cleaning the tar etc...you really need to use the Body Solvent. The key, as Mike mentioned, is to leave it sit/dwell on the tar, then remove with a towel. It is not a spray on, wipe off product. The bonus is its great smell!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

So is it safe to use the Saftey-D on moldings to get wax and other stuff out. I used APC last year and it stained the trim so bad that I had to have it replaced at a large cost to me.
              Thanks
              Ozz

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');