• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A question?

Kevin - Don't know, but doubt it. Here's the link to this miracle product:

If anyone remembers, Gem is the maker of those polishers that revolutionized the paint care industry:

This top of the line machine is actually capable of running at 1700 OPM!!!! I bet Bill is knocking down some serious paint defects when he's strapping one of these bad boys on!
    South Florida & Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Comment

I watched all the videos posted and Yes, there are definitely swirl marks in the paint. A couple things play into the way these videos are recorded. First of all unless you get a light source to reflect the surface you wont see the swirls. Second using a cheap flip camera with a very sub par sensor to adjust to the lighting causes you not to be able to see anything in great detail. My son has a flip camcorder and i grabbed it to compare against a decent quality camera and guess what? The flip camera didn't show anywhere near the definition of the better camera. At times i could plainly see swirls with my eye the flip camera just made a huge glare and didn't show much or any swirl. Using a good camera clearly showed everything that my eye was able to see.
      Now the cars in the videos are clean and shiny, but far from being clear of swirl marks. I'm almost convinced this person may not be able to physically see the spectrum of lighting caused by the reflection of swirl marks ( my wife is in the optical correction field and i know that not everyone can see the same amount of detail as others), or he is completely unaware of what a swirl mark actually looks like.
      A lot of my customers don't even know what they are looking at when i am showing them swirls. Some of them just assume that that is what it is supposed to look like. In their minds eye the swirl or cob webbing is an indication that it is shiny.
      And just on a professional side, what kind of person needs to argue with a anyone in order to sell or promote a product? He sounds like he learned his sales techniques from the school of politics. ( Instead of making a point of how well my product and/or technique is, i am going to tell you the bad things about other products to change the path of focus)
      Anyway, i have not tried the product at all, but if you supply a sample size, i will do an extensive detailed video review with a camera of decent quality in comparison to some of the other products comparable.( which in my opinion is not any kind of waxes. The product he speaks of is a paint sealant, not even the same category as a wax. so why compare it to a wax?

Comment

let me meet your costumers and i'll show them what the H**L swirl marks are...since i pretty convince that you don't even know what swirl marks are
        Proud to be part of Meguiars Family

Comment

Quote:

The product he speaks of is a paint sealant, not even the same category as a wax. so why compare it to a wax?

Someone finally gets it.

I would like to see anyone here take a car that was waxed six months ago, and wash it with well water and Dawn and compare it to the green expedition in the video.

Many of you here are so hung up on before and after pics of correction details,and how well it shines and beads water. Although, no one has a clue what that vehicle looks like six months later. Well, Dave has so nicely posted my videos
          which show 4 vehicles that have been done since they were new, and have never once had a wheel on them.

What is interesting is that my flip camera is not good enough when you cannot find something, but perfect when you can find one spot on one video.

What many of you cannot figure out is that I am trying to prevent paint defects, not correct them. What really confuses me about people who use wax is that they think
          wax provides really protection, but it does not. It may offer a barrier, but it will not stop things like salt, bugs, or tree sap from doing damage if not removed quickly.

No one here has used this product, but many people say I do not know what I am talking about. I have never once accused anyone on forums that they did not know what they were talking about when it came to wax or correction. Although, that happens all the time when it comes to my knowledge of this product. I guess 17 years means nothing.

Being 56 years old I am not detailing as much, but I have a group of loyal customers who drive their cars everyday. The do not want to worry about having to wash their cars a certain way, but want their paint protected from the elements.

They come to me once or twice a year, and it takes 3-4 hours to do a total detail.
          Basically, At-5 is what the dealerships sell for a huge mark up, but they make one huge mistake. They do not educate the customer that the product has to be applied
          once a year, and the price charged is toooo much in my opinion. Although, the product is awesome.

Like many of you here I did not believe the claims at first, but after using the product
          for a short period I was convinced. I hear people on these forums talk about durability and protection as being the same thing,but they are not.

Comment

Because you are asking people to believe that a microscopic layer of "protection" can prevent swirls as though it is some magic bullet. Or that it might prevent high acid bird poop etching after it has been left on a car for days.

Sorry, but there is no other way but to say, I don't believe you. That's really it.
            ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Quote:
              Because you are asking people to believe that a microscopic layer of "protection" can prevent swirls as though it is some magic bullet. Or that it might prevent high acid bird poop etching after it has been left on a car for days.

Sorry, but there is no other way but to say, I don't believe you. That's really it.

That is your choice. The reason why you do not see wax swirls on the video examples is because this product actually bonds to the clear coat. Most clear coats
              are acrylic poly ureathanes, and this product is a true acrylic product that bonds to the paint which actually protects the surface. It is not a wax that is mixed with a polymer additive(polycharger).

Actually, I have left bird poop on my cars for days, and it has never etched once.

On this and many forums the same question is asked over and over:
              How do I prevent swirl mark? Well the answer is simple. If you use wax they are a fact of life. Sure, you can use proper washing methods to help limit them, but that is it. You will have to use correction methods to cover or remove them, but you will never prevent them no matter what new wax , or polish you use. If that was not the case, then this same question would not be continued to be asked .

Comment

This statement makes no sense. Is this a joke?

Comment

So my question is, why compare it to a wax which has no paint correction and little protection values. It is mostly an enhancer. But how is this product any different than all the other polymer paint sealants on the market?
                  A polymer paint sealant is in a different class than a wax as far as protection is concerned. And in my experience adds a lot of shine, but the wax adds the depth and helps to enhance the color, That is why i like to add wax on top of polymer sealant for those properties that wax provides. But at the same time, applying a polymer protectant to the surface of the paint without a proper paint correction first will not remove the swirls. It will hide a lot of the minor ones by filling them but the larger ones will still be there.Try just putting a coat of that on a show car without correcting any defects first and your customer will not be happy when the judges pick out every defect one by one.
                  Applying a polymer paint protection is a great product but by no means is it a replacement for removal of swirls. Without first correcting that paints surface of defects all you are doing is filling in the smaller ones. It may good enough for your customers to apply the product and cover up the problem as opposed to first fixing the problem first and then using the polymer paint protection for what is is meant for. To protect a perfect surface. Not to protect a "good enough for the average consumers" surface.
                  There are a lot of my customers where you could get away with it because they are uneducated or don't really care. But I personally don't like to take shortcuts or trick my customers. I actually take pride in the finished results. On all of your videos where you pick out the spots that you call "scratches" and are really heavy swirl marks that the product didn't fill, would not even be there anymore had you have properly corrected the paints surface before applying the product. the product you endorse so highly is probably a great product for what it is meant for. without bringing the paints surface to its most pristine condition first, you are only protecting a mediocre finish. Why not make the paint near perfect first for even better results?

Comment

Originally posted by gsx62391 View Post
                    I watched all the videos posted and Yes, there are definitely swirl marks in the paint.
                    Exactly. The cars are a mess! It's shocking that Bill is talking about how his cars don't have swirls and how he cannot see them, yet they are visible in his cars....

Maybe Bill just doesn't see the swirl marks?
                    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by billd55 View Post
                      Quote:

The product he speaks of is a paint sealant, not even the same category as a wax. so why compare it to a wax?

Someone finally gets it.
                      Wrong Bill. Everybody gets it but you. YOU are the one that keeps bringing up car waxes.

Many of you here are so hung up on before and after pics of correction details,and how well it shines and beads water. Although, no one has a clue what that vehicle looks like six months later.
                      Wrong Bill. You ASSUME we don't know what our clients cars look like in 6 months. Most of my clients are long term and I see there cars every 3 to 6 months.

Well, Dave has so nicely posted my videos
                      which show 4 vehicles that have been done since they were new, and have never once had a wheel on them.
                      Since you have done them since new, how do you explain the swirl marks ALL over them? Remember you are claiming your product resists swirl marks, but every car you have ever posted has SWIRL MARKS.

What is interesting is that my flip camera is not good enough when you cannot find something, but perfect when you can find one spot on one video.

What many of you cannot figure out is that I am trying to prevent paint defects, not correct them. What really confuses me about people who use wax is that they think
                      wax provides really protection, but it does not. It may offer a barrier, but it will not stop things like salt, bugs, or tree sap from doing damage if not removed quickly.
                      Wrong Bill. We have figured out that you don't know anything about paint defects and your lack of knowledge in this area is probably why you are not very qualified to prevent the defects.

For evidence I point you to the POOR condition of the paint in the cars you have posted in which sunlight is visible. Those swirl marks are scratches in the paint that your product OBVIOUSLY didn't protect against...

Instead of hyping this product why not do research on true paint coatings, such as Optimum Opit-Guard? I have seen it bead water 18 months after application and help prevent bug etching.

o one here has used this product, but many people say I do not know what I am talking about. I have never once accused anyone on forums that they did not know what they were talking about when it came to wax or correction. Although, that happens all the time when it comes to my knowledge of this product. I guess 17 years means nothing.
                      17 years can just as easy mean 3 months experience x 64. You might have 17 years experience but look at the videos of the cars you have posted. They look terrible and damaged, yet by your 17 years of experience they look good. This is why your experience is discounted.

I'm 31, my dad had me wax his (new) Grand Prix with Turtle Wax when I was 12. There for I have 19 years of experience waxing cars.

Being 56 years old I am not detailing as much, but I have a group of loyal customers who drive their cars everyday. The do not want to worry about having to wash their cars a certain way, but want their paint protected from the elements.
                      Fine, but again I suggest you look at Opti-Coat/Guard. You only apply it once and we have washed it with degreaser, acid, and dawn, and it still beads water. So it seems it is superior to your product in terms of element protection. Not only that, but it will actually help prevent (slightly) new swirl marks.

They come to me once or twice a year, and it takes 3-4 hours to do a total detail.
                      Basically, At-5 is what the dealerships sell for a huge mark up, but they make one huge mistake. They do not educate the customer that the product has to be applied
                      once a year, and the price charged is toooo much in my opinion. Although, the product is awesome.
                      Again there are products that do more and have to be applied less (since we are no longer talking about just waxes).

Comment

How do I prevent swirl mark? Well the answer is simple. If you use wax they are a fact of life.
                        Why is this so hard for you to understand!!!! Swirls are scratches in the paint. Repeat that 1000x1000x10000x1000 times.

If you don't scratch the paint then the swirl marks won't be there, period (wax, sealant, coating, polymer, acrylic, whatever). Again, why is this so hard to understand?

If you want to see what swirl marks look like that have been caused by bad washing, look at your videos.

Comment

Quote:

But how is this product any different than all the other polymer paint sealants on the market?

First, this product bonds to the clearcoat and seals it. The others you mention do not. If you protect the surface of the clear coat you eliminate damage that requires
                          polishing. You do not get dark spots from treesap, bug and acid rain etching , or water spots after a rain.

You can truly wash your car with this product. The reason I use Dawn is because I want to clean the finish of my car, and not worry about removing the product or making swirls in my finish.

Todd mentioned he felt 99% of new cars require correction. I totally disagree with that statement. Granted , there are reasons for paint correction on new cars for reasons like orange peel, but I am one who believes that preserving the clear is far better than wearing it down.

I have applied this product to many brand new cars, and years later they are mostly defect free, and the shine remains because the clear coat has had little wear. That jeep and tahoe are four years old, and they do not need any product to cover swirl marks or some damage.

The reason why most think what I saying is crazy is because they base their knowledge on existing products, but this product is nothing like these products.
                          I have no problem correcting a surface that needs it, but how many times is too much. Using these products for so-called protection leads to correction plain and simple. If you start correction on brand new cars, how long will it take before you cannot do it anymore safely. Then what do you do then to fix defects?

That is why I use this product. If a car needs some correction that is fine, but in the
                          future it will not be needed. You do not need to strip this product for application, just a clean surface. It restores the shine equal to any wax, but offers real protection.
                          I can only relate 17 years of experience using this product, and what I have seen
                          over many years.

Comment

HOLY COW... I finally caved on watched the first video. David pointed out the 2 minute 10 second mark... LOL LOL LOL!!!!

He got the video camera out of there in a hurry!!! LOL

Oh my goodness... worst marketing video EVER for a "prevent swirls" product. About the only good thing in that video was the HOT IS-F!!!
                            ----------------------------------

Comment

Never mind, he clearly is not getting it. Ill stick with Meguiers M20.
                              By the way, the product he speaks of says on the label that it could last up to 5 years if reapplied monthly.
                              PTFE, Polymer, ****** for paint sealants are the same thing. You haven't discovered a miracle product. We have been using this for years. Only difference is you are using them as a replacement for paint correction. And your wrong when you think a car from the factory is in untouched condition. Some highend auto makers run every car on a track and a wash before plastic and shipping. As far as a car from the dealership being in perfect condition? You have got to be off your rocker if thats what you believe. After the dealer takes delivery the first thing they do is wash it. Then as it sits on the lot it gets the rinse method often as needed. They dont sell dirty cars. They hire someone to drive through the lot and spray rinse and speed dry every car as needed. Definitly need paint correction after that.

Comment

You guys are wasting valuable brain cells debating common sense reality with this guy. He's been banned from multiple forums venting and shilling about how his miracle acrylic sealants can do this and do that making all other's factual opinions worthless in his skewed mind. At the end of the day how can any sane person keep arguing this idiocy?

This is clearly and this person should be
                                South Florida & Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');